Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2016, 11:17 PM   #1

Can't remove shower drain

I have a 2016 36CKTS and I can't remove the shower drain. The chrome cover came off easy enough, but the black plastic insert under it just spins in place. How do I remove the plastic insert? I wanted to install a hair catcher so I can bathe my dogs and not clog up the grey tank. Now I have to get it out so I can replace the plumbers putty that's come loose.

I did try removing the linin closet in the bedroom trying to access the bottom of the shower, but the slide blocks me from pulling it out of the wall.
hebardstravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:50 AM   #2
Site Team

I assume that you have a Cedar Creek model 36CKTS.

They sure don't make them easy to access.

You're probably going to have to remove a wall and/or top from the pass-thru storage area to access the bottom of the shower pan. That's about the only way to get to it after the unit is built.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebardstravels View Post
I have a 2016 36CKTS and I can't remove the shower drain. The chrome cover came off easy enough, but the black plastic insert under it just spins in place. How do I remove the plastic insert? I wanted to install a hair catcher so I can bathe my dogs and not clog up the grey tank. Now I have to get it out so I can replace the plumbers putty that's come loose.

I did try removing the linin closet in the bedroom trying to access the bottom of the shower, but the slide blocks me from pulling it out of the wall.
Like the other post says,they "Don't make it Easy"! You might consider using a "Round Access Plate/Cover" like they use in the Cardinal units with the "Shower with Seat"! Lots of other F/R units have Access" Doors/Covers" on the showers! I am glade ours had one! The floor of shower was like a "Trampoline"before I was able to build a "Bridge" to support the shower floor! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003 (2).jpg
Views:	148
Size:	332.7 KB
ID:	111993   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	265.6 KB
ID:	111994  
Old 06-25-2016, 09:36 PM   #4

Thankfully it's not leaking. I was trying to do some preventative maintenance and install a hair trap. We wash the dogs in there and I don't want a hair clog. I might just have to wait until there is a problem. Maybe I'll get lucky and their hair won't be a problem.

I found some kitchen and bath quick calk to seal it up. It may not be pretty but I don't think it's leaking.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:13 PM   #5

How about just putting a temporary screen over the drain when the dogs are in there?
2008 Toyota Sequoia 2WD
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:19 PM   #6

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking
Old 06-26-2016, 05:33 PM   #7
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vic View Post
How about just putting a temporary screen over the drain when the dogs are in there?
Once again - the best way is the simplest way in most cases and this would be one of them.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, show, shower