Old 10-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
Cardinal 362-BLE

We recently purchased a 2006 Cardinal Model 362-BLE 5th Wheel Trailer. This unit has (2) separate bathrooms and I am wondering where I can get a detailed layout of how the grey and black water tank(s) are plumbed and connected in the RV. There are several gate valves on the unit as follows:

1) There is a black water valve at the rear of the RV and a fresh water flush hook-up located near the valve. This valve is directly below the rear bath room and toilet of the RV.

2) There is an additional black water valve near the front of the RV that is directly across from the front/center bath room and toilet. There is also a fresh water flush located near this valve.

3) There is a grey water tank next to the front black water tank valve, and there is an additional grey water tank valve near the main sewer clean-out fitting.

Questions on this system:

1) Does anyone know where I can get a drawing of how these tanks are installed or where I could get one?
2) Does this system have more than (1) black water tank or more than (1) grey water tank or both?
3) What are the capacities of all of the tanks?

We keep the RV at a permanent site and are plumbed using schedule 40 PVC. Because I have (2) clean-outs, I have the system plumbed in-line with a Y connector where the 2nd clean-out comes out. I normally keep the grey water open and leave the black water valve(s) both closed. The black water system seems like it fills up quickly and I usually end up having to dump it after only 1-2 days of light use (there are 3 of us). This seems excessive to me, but maybe it isn't? I always flush out the black water tanks after dumping and never dump them unless they are at least 3/4 full which is never a problem because they fill up quick.

I would appreciate hearing input, especially from other owners of this model if possible. Thanks!

ps: I have attached a pic of our rig. The rear valve is at the right side (rear) of the RV in the pic and the other valve is located just in front of the wheels. There is plenty of slope on the piping and it drains fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1271.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	41499   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1273.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	41500  
Toadman is offline   Reply With Quote