Old 12-20-2014, 06:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldprof1 View Post
Youroo I think you are probably right. I am going to contact the dealer and see what they say. The unit is about 11 months old so it should be covered by Forest River anyway. I just thought if was an easy inexpensive fix I'd do it myself.
If your unit is still under warranty your dealer will simply replace the pump as a complete assembly - it's simply not cost effective to repair/replace the check valve (been there, done that). For do-it-yourselfers. repair kits and instructions/drawings are available online from the pump manufacturer.

...VTX-Al

Old 12-21-2014, 06:58 AM   #12

Thanks guys I have sent an e-mail to the dealer as the unit should be under warranty for another 2-3 weeks!! It just didn't occur to me that it's a 2014 and it's still 2014. I didn't buy the unit till after Christmas 2013 so it should be covered. If worse comes to worse and I have trouble with the dealer I will contact Forest river first then rebuild the pump myself if necessary. From all My experience the dealer has been good and Forest River seems to stand behind their products. Again thanks for the help, have a good holiday and Merry Christmas to all!!!

Old 12-21-2014, 07:20 AM   #13

In the interim, if you have the winterization tubing at the pump and the tubing has a cap at the end you could switch to the tubing input to the pump and that will prevent backflow to the holding tank.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:03 AM   #14

Thanks guys
I'm just waiting for the dealer to contact me. The pump might be under warranty for another couple of weeks. If not I will probably get the rebuild kit after I see what is wrong. Thanks again happy holidays and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!
Old 12-22-2014, 08:37 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldprof1 View Post
Thanks guys
I'm just waiting for the dealer to contact me. The pump might be under warranty for another couple of weeks. If not I will probably get the rebuild kit after I see what is wrong. Thanks again happy holidays and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!

You should not need a 'rebuild' kit. Take is a part and see if some type of sediment is sticking the valve open. Get the junk out and then put the pump back together.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:44 PM   #16

I had same problem on 2013 puma bh that had 4008 shurflo pump. I removed valve assembly, was good. There is a 1/8 allen screw on end of valve assy, when I replaced I turned clockwise 3/4 turn and problem was fixed, I called 3 dealers in 100 mile of my location and all they would say is call shurflo.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #17

Hi everyone! Merry Christmas!!!
I contacted the dealer, Park Model City of Ft. Myers. They phoned, and are having a tech come in the new year to carry out the service. They seem to be a very reputable dealer who has on other occasions serviced my destination trailer without question. Want a recommendation contact me!
Old 05-26-2015, 12:45 AM   #18

Hey I know this thread is from a while ago, but, my pump keeps pulsing while pumping. The shower head goes strong and low every second it runs. only time it stops pulsing is when we turn on another faucet. Could that be that allen screw adjustment on the pressure regulator? Please advise Gents...
Thanks.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:15 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrie1 View Post
Hey I know this thread is from a while ago, but, my pump keeps pulsing while pumping. The shower head goes strong and low every second it runs. only time it stops pulsing is when we turn on another faucet. Could that be that allen screw adjustment on the pressure regulator? Please advise Gents...
Thanks.
When this happens, the first thing I think of is air in one of the line. Turn pump on and go to each faucet and open it and run for a minute. You should get some air out of a couple of the lines. the pump should then 'firm' up and pump fine.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump