Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2015, 10:51 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
iluvlcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Posts: 354
Check valve on black tank rinser

While dumping this trip when we turned on rinser, water started coming out around the underbelly. Could this be a check valve problem?
The water was clean so pretty sure it was the rinser, no problems when we dumped grey tank earlier in week. Do we need to drop the underbelly to dry? Can we replace ck valve ourselves? Do we need a ck valve?
Thanks for any help
Pam


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
Pam & Don
2003 Ford Expedition EB
2011 Rockwood 2304s

108 days camped 2013
74 days camped 2014 so far
iluvlcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:00 AM   #2
Campfire Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South East Michigan
Posts: 437
The check valve is usually up high, under the bathroom sink, etc. If it was leaking, I would imagine that you would have a mess inside somewhere. Sounds like it's leaking from fitting into the tank.

John
__________________

__________________
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:31 AM   #3
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvlcy View Post
While dumping this trip when we turned on rinser, water started coming out around the underbelly. Could this be a check valve problem?
The water was clean so pretty sure it was the rinser, no problems when we dumped grey tank earlier in week. Do we need to drop the underbelly to dry? Can we replace ck valve ourselves? Do we need a ck valve?
Thanks for any help.Pam
The check valve is on the back of the hose connection inlet to prevent water from returning to the supply hose.

The vent is usually mounted higher up under the bathroom vanity. They are also noted for leaking, I removed mine completely and routed the inlet directly to the tank.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:42 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
The check valve is on the back of the hose connection inlet to prevent water from returning to the supply hose.

The vent is usually mounted higher up under the bathroom vanity. They are also noted for leaking, I removed mine completely and routed the inlet directly to the tank.
Typically, there is no check valve as you describe for a black tank cleanout. There is a backflow valve (check valve) in series with the tubing installed within the unit (higher than the black tank) as you said. That is why when the hose is disconnected from the clean out port the residual water in the tubing from the check valve (input side) will come out the port. It's fresh water.
__________________
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:44 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
geotex1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvlcy View Post
While dumping this trip when we turned on rinser, water started coming out around the underbelly. Could this be a check valve problem?
The water was clean so pretty sure it was the rinser, no problems when we dumped grey tank earlier in week. Do we need to drop the underbelly to dry? Can we replace ck valve ourselves? Do we need a ck valve?
Thanks for any help
Pam


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Sounds more like the fitting for the rinser is loose or has broken at the tank. You're going to need to drop the underbelly and have a look.
__________________
geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:56 AM   #6
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Typically, there is no check valve as you describe for a black tank cleanout. There is a backflow valve (check valve) in series with the tubing installed within the unit (higher than the black tank) as you said. That is why when the hose is disconnected from the clean out port the residual water in the tubing from the check valve (input side) will come out the port. It's fresh water.
The inlet water on mine went thru the backflow preventer up under the bathroom vanity to a plastic vent/check valve and then down into the black tank. As I said, I removed the vent/check valve and ran directly into the tank. Mine was leaking down into the basement and out on the ground.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 03:26 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
beechjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Florida Panhandle
Posts: 11
Black tank rinser

Mine was leaking in basement when rinsing black water tank. It was actually the fitting going into tank was crack from being over tightened at factory! Had to take apart and reseal fitting with a 2 part bonding epoxy to stop, or take back to dealership, which was not a option. Good luck
__________________
2013 Forest River Blue Ridge 3025RL
2005 Chevy 3500 Crew Cab Duramax
beechjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:52 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 26
I had that problem it was under warranty the line was pic it was leaking in my water heater compartment they pulled the water heater and fixed the line with a flex line so it would give while there is movement camping now used it the other day works great no leaks good luck.
__________________
Grouch1
2013 Georgetown 351dsf
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Grouch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:54 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 26
I ment to say pvc line sorry
__________________

__________________
Grouch1
2013 Georgetown 351dsf
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Grouch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
black, black tank, tank

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 AM.