Old 01-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #1

City Water Connection

Tried for the first time to connect City Water to our recently purchased 2006 Sunseeker 2600 and could not stop the hose from spraying all over the place. I put a new screened washer in there and tightened everything. Still leaks like crazy.

Just picked up a replacement fitting from Camping World. Went under RV only to find lots of hard foam material surrounding the white plastic lines and the back of the City fitting. Assume I have to dig all that stuff out to get to the back of the fitting to replace the unit then maybe spray Great Stuff to reseal everything to protect it from the elements and road debris.
Am I correct in my assumptions?

This site is fantastic. Hope to help others some day myself.

2015 Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer
2016 F-150 Lariat with Auto Trailer Backup
Dog = Morki (Yorkie-Maltese) - Zoe
Malabarbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:42 PM   #2
Site Team

Try a different hose. I had a brand new hose from wallyworld leak to no end.

2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:45 PM   #3

How about a water pressure regulator ? are you using one ?
Old 01-26-2014, 08:16 PM   #4

You should also get a Camco external water filter from Walmart. It has a short piece of water hose with it that has a wire or spring wound around it. This makes the water hose have a large radius as it comes away from the side of the trailer. This helps to keep an even pressure on the gasket or O-ring inside the connection.

If you do dig out the foam, do some research on what type of foam was used in your trailer. Some foams don't play well with each other. While Great Stuff sticks to about everything you don't want it to, it doesn't stick to some other foams. I know it doesn't stick to polyicynene foam that is used as spray in foam for houses.

2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax Crewcab
Jeep Commander - sold
Flagstaff V-Lite WRB26
kz08h5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:02 PM   #5
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz08h5 View Post
You should also get a Camco external water filter from Walmart. It has a short piece of water hose with it that has a wire or spring wound around it. This makes the water hose have a large radius as it comes away from the side of the trailer. This helps to keep an even pressure on the gasket or O-ring inside the connection.

If you do dig out the foam, do some research on what type of foam was used in your trailer. Some foams don't play well with each other. While Great Stuff sticks to about everything you don't want it to, it doesn't stick to some other foams. I know it doesn't stick to polyicynene foam that is used as spray in foam for houses.

Or double up the washers... some of the male fittings on hoses, as pointed out, will not seat all the way into the RV fitting. The little flex coupling will fix the issue, or two washers.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:50 AM   #6

T tape

Using Teflon tape on all threaded connections is a great way to stop leaks. It is a thread sealant. Also see if you can see the back of the connection inside a cabinet, it is usually just the outside connection. Are you using a elbow connection? About four wraps of T tape gets you a tight connection

Tags
water, water connection