Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2014, 12:26 PM   #21

Thanks to all for the good advice. I have run the water pump several minutes and that seems to have cleared up the problem, at least for now. If it recurs I will make the effort to learn how to disassemble the pump and clean out any foreign matter
Southern Roamer
Southern Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:28 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Roamer View Post
Thanks to all for the good advice. I have run the water pump several minutes and that seems to have cleared up the problem, at least for now. If it recurs I will make the effort to learn how to disassemble the pump and clean out any foreign matter
Southern Roamer

Look at the screen that is on the pump and see if there is any junk in there and clean it out.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:29 PM   #23

Thanks, I'll check the screen
Old 02-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #24

Yep, the screen had some debris in it. Looked like small slivers of wood, but not sure of that. Now I'll know what to do next time. Thanks!
Old 02-12-2014, 12:53 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Roamer View Post
Yep, the screen had some debris in it. Looked like small slivers of wood, but not sure of that. Now I'll know what to do next time. Thanks!
It is not really wood. It is the minerals that are in some of the water and hardened.

Your water hoses. when disconnected from the water supply lines and stored away. make sure that they are rolled up and connected together. All kinds of stuff will get in the hoses if not kept clean inside and the loop closed (connected together) when stored.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:56 PM   #26

That's what I normally do but something got past me apparently. Thanks for the tips.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #27
Site Team

Debris in the water tank/pump are all too common. Some folks have
found plastic shards or wood or other debris left from construction.
Some find the factory used a hole saw in one tank or another and just
left the "hole" and all saw cuttings in the tank!

Glad you got your pump check valve working!
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:21 PM   #28

I replaced the water pump in May with the same model SureFlo it wasn't too difficult and solved the problem. However, while we were at the FROG rally in Goshen the replacement pump developed a surging noise even though the flow and pressure remained normal. The FR guys that came to fix some other issues noticed the surging and decided to replace it.
That was fine for a while but before I got home from that outing that pump was surging also. Interesting that the FR mechanic who replaced it in Goshen commented that SureFlo means "sure" to fail!!!
I think I will just live with it until and unless it goes bad

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-26-2014, 01:43 AM   #29

Today I had water dripping out from under my coach (2014 FR3 30DS). A little investigation of the stuff behind the door marked "low point drain" indicated that it was dripping down from the overflow tube of the full fresh water tank. Made no sense because I was sitting in an RV park hooked to city water. After doing a dozen things that made no difference and getting pretty frantic about the amount on water coming from somewhere to make the tank overflow. I came here to the forum. From reading here I figured it out. Here is what it was. Yesterday on the road I ran out of fresh water and evidently in trying to eke out that last bit, I created a situation in which the water pump got stuck. So when I got to the park and filled the fresh water tank and then hooked up to the city water the water pump began siphoning water out of the fresh water tank and somehow the city water was continually refilling it. To fix it, I turned off the city water and disconnected the hose. I then turned on the water pump, turned on the water in the bathroom sink, let it run, and flushed the toilet a few times. The water pump ran fine and so did the water. I turned off the water pump. Connected the city water back up. Problem solved. No more drip under the coach. Love this forum. Moral: do not use water pump when fresh water tank is empty.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:49 AM   #30
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Maze View Post
Moral: do not use water pump when fresh water tank is empty.
The FR manual says that too.

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:55 AM   #31

What FR manual? Have looked everywhere and asked dealer for one and there is nothing but a generic simple overview. Would love to have a detailed manual like the one I had for my Winnebago Brave. The FR "digital kit" is also generic pablum. Can u share a link or contact?
Old 10-26-2014, 02:38 AM   #32
Just a member

Quote:
What FR manual? Have looked everywhere and asked dealer for one and there is nothing but a generic simple overview. Would love to have a detailed manual like the one I had for my Winnebago Brave. The FR "digital kit" is also generic pablum. Can u share a link or contact?
Bottom right, page 40:

http://idn.tweddle.com/bundle/showIt...S&itemtype=PDF

Old 10-26-2014, 05:20 AM   #33

Thanks. Wish I had this for the last six months. Did find the digital kit app earlier this evening. The wording in this manual looks the same. It has the same generic pictures. I guess if I had looked long enough I'd have found this page in the digital kit.

Is there a manual that explains what happens if you forget for a moment and disregard a warning - how to recognize the downstream consequences and right the ship?

Are there any model-specific manuals? With drawings or diagrams of systems?
Old 10-26-2014, 05:54 PM   #34
Just a member

Quote:
Is there a manual that explains what happens if you forget for a moment and disregard a warning - how to recognize the downstream consequences and right the ship?
Haven't seen such a beast but this forum is great for getting answers to questions of that nature.

Quote:
Are there any model-specific manuals? With drawings or diagrams of systems?
The FR owner manuals appear to be line (RV type) specific - nothing aimed at a particular model. In our instance, the manual covers all FR travel trailers and fifth wheels. That's a whole bunch of units: 25+ different trailer makes and almost as many fivers. And each make might produce 20 or more different models. That's a lot of ground to cover with one manual.

Tags
tank, water, water tank