Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2018, 07:54 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 2
City Water Overflows?

Good evening all! Glad to have found this forum. I have a problem with my water system. When I hook up fresh water(under pressure), it constantly overflows from underneith the trailer. It didnt do this at first. One morning there was water running out from under the trailer. At this point, i can only use water from my holding tank. Please help. Any advice would be appreciated.
__________________

Huntxtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:01 PM   #2
Site Team
 
Flybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 10,396
Easy solution.
If you have your water pump on when you are connected to city water the reverse flow valve can seat incorrectly. To fix this do the following.
Shut off city water at pedestal
Make sure water pump is off
Open faucet and let flow until water stops.
Close faucet
Turn water pump and allow it to run until it stops
Open faucet and allow water to run for 30 sec
shut off faucet
Turn off water pump
turn water back on at pedestal.

You should be ok
__________________

__________________

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:14 PM   #3
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Posts: 3,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Easy solution.
If you have your water pump on when you are connected to city water the reverse flow valve can seat incorrectly. To fix this do the following.
Shut off city water at pedestal
Make sure water pump is off
Open faucet and let flow until water stops.
Close faucet
Turn water pump and allow it to run until it stops
Open faucet and allow water to run for 30 sec
shut off faucet
Turn off water pump
turn water back on at pedestal.

You should be ok
I just had that same problem and none of that stuff worked...

Basically what is going on is the water pumps built-in check valve is no longer working and the city water is flowing backward through the water pump and filling up the fresh tank.

I put a new check valve in front of the water pump and now no more fresh water tank overflow!

I change the screen as well...each part was $15 at a local RV parts store!

I have photos...I'll post them a little later.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:18 PM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 10,923
After doing what Flybob suggested, make sure you are using a quality water pressure regulator.
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel-Goodyear Endurance Tires
2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4 - Factory Puck B&W Companion
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '16=46 '17=30 '18=51 '19=53
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:52 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 2
Thanks All! I will check that out this weekend, and see if it works for me. Looking forward to those pictures.
Huntxtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 04:21 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Swhitesell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
I just had that same problem and none of that stuff worked...

Basically what is going on is the water pumps built-in check valve is no longer working and the city water is flowing backward through the water pump and filling up the fresh tank.

I put a new check valve in front of the water pump and now no more fresh water tank overflow!

I change the screen as well...each part was $15 at a local RV parts store!

I have photos...I'll post them a little later.
Photos would be awesome. I tried flybobs fix and it seems to be working. But I'm still nervous about it. It took about 12 hours for the over flow t happen. Only been 4 since I did the routine.
Swhitesell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 04:22 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Swhitesell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
After doing what Flybob suggested, make sure you are using a quality water pressure regulator.
I do have a good regulator. After the reading I have done here today, I will have a spare next time out.
__________________

Swhitesell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
city water, water

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 PM.


×