Old 08-14-2016, 10:23 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeItEasy View Post
You can try one of these to clean the space under the ball.
RIGHT ON !!! Great Tool !!!
I have never had to use this in our Sunseeker,,, but had to use it in out old Flagstaff TT all the time !!! Most RVs will tell you Water is your friend & a must have first in your black tank !!! You may want to try the GEO method,,, you can Google it here on the FROG site !!!

Old 08-14-2016, 10:55 AM   #12
Mod free 5er

Just replace the toilet with a new porcelain bowl one.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Just replace the toilet with a new porcelain bowl one.
I agree, you will spend way more time cleaning a bad design plastic toilet than replacing it with a new one.

Just go to Camping World or any RV store and pick out the porcelain toilet that you like best. It's only two bolts to hold it to the floor and the water connection. Instead of a wax ring like in a house, it uses a foam ring. Pay the extra to get one with a sprayer hose for easy cleanup.

If you still get a smell from the toilet, consider replacing the black tank roof top vent cap with the new "360 Siphon RV Fume Extractor". They are on our REV and they work.

Tom D 2015 Dynamax REV RB Orlando
Old 08-14-2016, 07:02 PM   #14

poopy situation

Thank you all for your responses.

The toilet is a Thetford Aqua Magic V. We will be replacing the toilet in the spring. For now I need to clean the #$%^&*@ thing. I'm not sure anyone is understanding my issue. Best I can explain is, under the ball, the pipe is about 6 or so inches down. So between the ball and the pipe, there is space. An area where poop gets hung up. Its beyond disgusting. I cannot for the life of me, understand WHY this toilet is like this. I emailed Thetford and asked them WTH is up with this toilet. Can't wait to hear back from them. :/

Not sure yet how I am going to tackle this job. I was hoping some other poor schmuck had the same toilet/issue, and could offer some cleaning advice.

Thanks again, you are a great bunch of awesome peeps!!
Old 08-14-2016, 07:11 PM   #15

Sounds like a possibly bad installation. There should be not corners, places, gaps, where anything could get stuck. Maybe a pipe or sleeve is missing or has fallen or slipped down. Still think at the very least you will find out a whole lot more if you were to take off the toilet. Maybe you can get a photo and post it. Doesn't sound like anyone else has this toilet and has this problem, at least that reads this forum
Old 08-14-2016, 07:15 PM   #16

Here is something to try. Take a very strong piece of wire or double up a hanger and put a small hook in one end. Hold the ball open and see if you can hook the bottom of the pipe and pull up. Lots of reports of all kinds of pipes slipping in RVs and maybe that is just what happened. Pull up on the pipe and maybe you can pull it up to where it is suppose to be.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:05 PM   #17

I found the following posted on another forum when googling this toilet.

"The best solution is to upgrade the toilet. Aqua Magic Vs do not have a "tube" to direct waste into the tank. Instead, it splashes all around the toilet body. IMHO get rid of the cheap V and replace with one that does direct waste to the tank. Much cleaner. VK"
Old 08-14-2016, 10:22 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Sunshine View Post
I found the following posted on another forum when googling this toilet.

"The best solution is to upgrade the toilet. Aqua Magic Vs do not have a "tube" to direct waste into the tank. Instead, it splashes all around the toilet body. IMHO get rid of the cheap V and replace with one that does direct waste to the tank. Much cleaner. VK"
Excellent find, good job. Bad design, not a loose tube. OP said it will be replaced in spring. Just have to wait.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:23 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Sunshine View Post
Thank you all for your responses.

The toilet is a Thetford Aqua Magic V. We will be replacing the toilet in the spring. For now I need to clean the #$%^&*@ thing. I'm not sure anyone is understanding my issue. Best I can explain is, under the ball, the pipe is about 6 or so inches down. So between the ball and the pipe, there is space. An area where poop gets hung up. Its beyond disgusting. I cannot for the life of me, understand WHY this toilet is like this. I emailed Thetford and asked them WTH is up with this toilet. Can't wait to hear back from them. :/

Not sure yet how I am going to tackle this job. I was hoping some other poor schmuck had the same toilet/issue, and could offer some cleaning advice.

Thanks again, you are a great bunch of awesome peeps!!
Sounds to me like you have two choices.

Hire a plumber to come out, remove the toilet and clean the area or

do the job yourself

Actually there is a third choice man up and live with it
Old 08-15-2016, 06:53 AM   #20

I do not understand why someone would not want to try a $700 Toilet Wand first ???

Tags
cleaning