Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2016, 02:05 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanD View Post
Sounds to me like you have two choices.

Hire a plumber to come out, remove the toilet and clean the area or

do the job yourself

Actually there is a third choice man up and live with it

I'm not a man, lol.

We'll be changing the toilet in the spring.

thanks for your reply.
Sunny Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:13 PM   #22

Toilet Wand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middleburg Redneck View Post
You can buy a toilet wand at any RV parts store. Just make sure you close the ball as far as you can so it doesn't spray off the underside of the toilet and hit you in the face. Not that I would know anything about that mind you.
First time I used a wand I should have been wearing a facemask and snorkel. Second time, same thing. I'm a slow learner. So thankful for the built-in tank flush on the current RV.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:21 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Sunshine View Post
I'm not a man, lol.

We'll be changing the toilet in the spring.

thanks for your reply.
I knew that, , unfortunately there are times when a woman has no choice but to do a mans job, so to speak.

At the same time some men would say that cleaning a toilet is womens work

Happy camping
ShermanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:14 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYCamper View Post
First time I used a wand I should have been wearing a facemask and snorkel. Second time, same thing. I'm a slow learner. So thankful for the built-in tank flush on the current RV.
Hi,

Our trailer has a built in tank flush as well. The tanks not the problem.

Yeah, it such a gross job, dealing with rv toilet issues. You'd think by now someone would have created an odor free, mess free way to deal with the poop. LOL
Old 08-15-2016, 03:20 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanD View Post
I knew that, , unfortunately there are times when a woman has no choice but to do a mans job, so to speak.

At the same time some men would say that cleaning a toilet is womens work

Happy camping
A woman's choice is to hire someone rather than tackle it herself! HAHA!

LOL, I'll clean the toilet, but hubby does the poop dump. I'm NOT doing that. EVER.

Speaking of the poop dump, I'm thinking I'm going to start taking video of the people ahead of us at the sani dumps. OMG, some of the things people do..... we sit in the truck busting a gut, people are awesome.

Old 08-16-2016, 06:30 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYCamper View Post
LOL !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:35 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
LOL !!!
Now you have probably scared Sunny out of trying the $7.00 Toilet Wand !!!
Old 08-16-2016, 06:56 AM   #28

I read that as a $700.00 toilet wand. Now that's government issue!
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:10 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattleNsmoke View Post
I read that as a $700.00 toilet wand. Now that's government issue!
Maybe the $700.00 one comes with Pair of gloves - a face shield - a hose & a Rain Coat ???
Old 08-16-2016, 01:01 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
I do not understand why someone would not want to try a $700 Toilet Wand first ???
Bet that comes with someone to do the cleaning too!

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:08 PM   #31

Strange looks as if my post said $7.00 ???
Old 08-16-2016, 04:09 PM   #32

Okay, so here is how I am going to do this;

I am buying the $7 wand. And a BIG box of Glad Press n Seal. I am going to press and seal as much of this sh!t over the toilet as it will hold. I will make a hole in it to insert the wand. And pray that nothing splashes up past the barrier. God help me...

And I got a response from Thetford in regards to cleaning this damn thing. "The best way to clean beneath the blade is to spray the area with a hose. If you have additional questions, please contact us."

I won't post what I sent them back.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:14 PM   #33

Quote:

I am buying the $7 wand. And a BIG box of Glad Press n Seal. I am going to press and seal as much of this sh!t over the toilet as it will hold. I will make a hole in it to insert the wand. And pray that nothing splashes up past the barrier. God help me...

And I got a response from Thetford in regards to cleaning this damn thing. "The best way to clean beneath the blade is to spray the area with a hose. If you have additional questions, please contact us."

good luck, make sure your hubby records the event. who knows it may just get a million views on You tube, especially if it turns into a Lucile Ball episode.

ShermanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:49 AM   #34

Quote:

LOL !!!
The way I used the wand was I would start with it as far in as it would go,,, after turning the water on I would start to turn the wand,,, around & around,,, then begin to slowly lift as I was still turning !!! Be carful as to NOT come up to far,,, or you know,,, S$*t will happen !!!

I always did this with the Black Tank valve open,,, and the hose laid out on the lawn,,, but I live in the country,,, so maybe you can't do that ???
You may be very surprised @ what comes out of the tank !!! I learened what things we do not totally digest !!! But I won't go there,,, do not want to get kicked out of a thread again !!!
I will also say that part of the lawn was always GREEN !!!
Please let us know how things come out !!!

LMAO !!!
Old 08-17-2016, 09:42 AM   #35

Glad Press n Seal

[QUOTE=Sunny Sunshine;1291786]Okay, so here is how I am going to do this;

I am buying the $7 wand. And a BIG box of Glad Press n Seal. I am going to press and seal as much of this sh!t over the toilet as it will hold.

I think this will work. That Press n Seal is strong and will stick to anything and actually had a big impact on DW's life a couple years ago. After medication in a hospital her kidneys stopped and biopsy showed severe damage with dialysis from here on in. Temporary port was inserted in her abdomen and if any water touched it we were instructed to get to an ER because of infection potential. This would be for 6 months until a permanent port could be inserted in her arm.
A hospital nurse told us about Glad Press n Seal. Were able to seal off the port with this so DW could at least bathe, making a horrible situation somewhat bearable. If it can work on that, should be able to create a seal around your toilet opening.
BTW: within 4 weeks of leaving the hospital her kidneys started cranking out urine. Biopsy probe had hit the one destroyed place in her kidneys, rest was busy repairing itself. No more port, no more dialysis, swimming and kayaking right away. Hope you have similar good fortune with the toilet
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 06:26 AM   #36

[QUOTE=CNYCamper;1292369]
Quote:

I am buying the $7 wand. And a BIG box of Glad Press n Seal. I am going to press and seal as much of this sh!t over the toilet as it will hold.

I think this will work. That Press n Seal is strong and will stick to anything and actually had a big impact on DW's life a couple years ago. After medication in a hospital her kidneys stopped and biopsy showed severe damage with dialysis from here on in. Temporary port was inserted in her abdomen and if any water touched it we were instructed to get to an ER because of infection potential. This would be for 6 months until a permanent port could be inserted in her arm.
A hospital nurse told us about Glad Press n Seal. Were able to seal off the port with this so DW could at least bathe, making a horrible situation somewhat bearable. If it can work on that, should be able to create a seal around your toilet opening.
BTW: within 4 weeks of leaving the hospital her kidneys started cranking out urine. Biopsy probe had hit the one destroyed place in her kidneys, rest was busy repairing itself. No more port, no more dialysis, swimming and kayaking right away. Hope you have similar good fortune with the toilet
Great Ending !!!

It does sound like the Press & Seal may be a good idea,,, please let us know Sunny how it works !!! I am guessing Press & Seal is a heavy duty food wrap ??? I used a regular food wrap to cover my knees after replacements,,, so I could shower !!!

Tags
cleaning