Old 08-13-2016, 02:36 AM   #1

Cleaning the toilet, help

So our new to us, 2009 Rockwood trailer, has a stinky toilet. The toilet bowl is clean, but under the ball, its disgusting. The water does not flush out all around under it, and I am trying to figure out the best way to clean it. We had an Outback trailer previous to this one, and it had a porcelain toilet that had a pipe straight down, but this stupid plastic toilet doesn't. Its wider under the ball, and if whatever you flush doesn't drop straight down, it can hang around under there. I am soo grossed out by this. Any ideas how to clean all the poop out of there? Coat hanger and wadded t.p. sprayed with bleach solution, or?? Help!!!

Old 08-13-2016, 03:47 AM   #2

welcome to the world of camping where the crap drops straight down in to the black water tank.

Before using toiled ADD a couple inches of water to the tank and some toilet toilet chemicals.

Before each use, add a couple inches of water to the toilet, take your crap, flush the toilet and let a bit more water run into the tank, slowly close the ball and allow an inch of water to remain in the toilet

Problem SOLVED

or you could use th outhouse instead

Old 08-13-2016, 05:04 AM   #3

You can try one of these to clean the space under the ball.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:43 AM   #4

Sprayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Sunshine View Post
So our new to us, 2009 Rockwood trailer, has a stinky toilet. The toilet bowl is clean, but under the ball, its disgusting. The water does not flush out all around under it, and I am trying to figure out the best way to clean it. We had an Outback trailer previous to this one, and it had a porcelain toilet that had a pipe straight down, but this stupid plastic toilet doesn't. Its wider under the ball, and if whatever you flush doesn't drop straight down, it can hang around under there. I am soo grossed out by this. Any ideas how to clean all the poop out of there? Coat hanger and wadded t.p. sprayed with bleach solution, or?? Help!!!
This is just one version of this idea ( I saw a different one 1st time but can't find it now) Sprayer for Toilet
Old 08-13-2016, 07:59 AM   #5

I saw a sprayer in a 2017 Forester 3011, I think you can get the kit to add one , from any RV parts site

Happy Flushing LOL
Old 08-13-2016, 01:12 PM   #6

I read your post as poo under the loo...as in the shaft running down TO the black water tank. I had that problem with a used 2008 Starcraft. I used a cheap big lots toilet brush and started digging. It cleaned up with some cleaner and hose sprayer. I threw away the brush after I was done. It's a crappy job but not the worse thing you will ever need to do in your life.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #7

You can buy a toilet wand at any RV parts store. Just make sure you close the ball as far as you can so it doesn't spray off the underside of the toilet and hit you in the face. Not that I would know anything about that mind you.
TV 2013 Chevy 2500 Crew Cab
Middleburg Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 01:30 PM   #8

Is it a Dometic 300? I know Domectic was replacing 300's with 310's with ceramic bowl. Not sure if that is still the case. You could replace the toilet.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:31 PM   #9

YES...I forgot that part...keep your mouth closed during the operation.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:53 PM   #10

To do it right I would replace the toilet. There was a recall at one point so you might get help from Dometic. In the process of replacing the toilet you can analyze the situation below, clean it, and maybe modify it so it stays cleaner.

Tags
cleaning