Old 04-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
Completely Flooded Undercarriage - Help

My TT is a FR Sierra T-291RL - 2008

Hi all. In preparation for the Season, I took my TT to a local RV Dealer to get 'Springerized' and to have in particular, the water system checked for leaks and to have a new toilet installed.

When I got it back, and hooked up a water line to it, the first thing I noticed was that the kitchen taps would not run. I looked around a bit, and found that the screened faucet end was plugged. An easy fix, but I was immediately suspicious of the job they did at the RV Dealer.

Anyway, I checked out the rest of the water taps and the new toilet. The water ran fine, and I didn't see any leaks.

Leaving the water line hooked up, I carried on over the next week or so, a bit at a time just cleaning, freshening etc.
Today, I noticed a drip coming from under the trailer, and when I went under to see where it was coming from, I noticed that it was dripping from spot where the screwed on portion of the undercarriage is, and not from a drippy valve.

Oh oh, I then noticed that the entire undercarriage was bowing downward, including the parts that where not part of the screwed on portion, but are attached in some other manner. I gave the undercarriage a couple of light prods in several different spots and I can hear water sloshing around everywhere.

I crawled out and checked the inside of the trailer, and the only spot that had water around it was the new toilet.

Obviously I am taking it back to the dealer tomorrow, but my question is what do they have to do to fix this. I don't want them to mickey-mouse it. Water is a TT Killer.

gekog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
Unbelievable, but sisnce I posted my first message, the screwed on portion of the undercarriage covering collasped under the weight of the water it wah holding. It tore right off of the screws. I looked under there, and it looks as though the water wasn't actually touching the floor of the trailer itself. I don't know about the areas that are held up in some way other than with screws, and I don't know what they are actually protecting. I am worried about electrical stuff getting wet, and trailer flooring absorbing moisture from the trapped water etc.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
They will probably try to deny it but it sounds like they created a water leak when replacing the toilet. They need to fix it and do a 24 hour pressurized leak test, then fix the bottom.
SuwanneeDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:06 AM   #4
Thanks Dave. I am sure they will try to deny it but with the ONLY leak coming from underneath the toilet, they may have trouble.