Old 05-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #11

Hey guys he said NO leaks,this means the filter housing is in place. No need to have element in filter for this test. I have never seen a elemet that you could place upside down? Youroo!!

Old 05-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Hey guys he said NO leaks,this means the filter housing is in place. No need to have element in filter for this test. I have never seen a elemet that you could place upside down? Youroo!!
Nope there the same right up or down.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #13

Ding Ding. We have a winner. Nice call Vince. It was the valve leading into the pump from the winterizing/antifreeze hose being open. I found that and closed it and instant water. I have posted a picture of what it looks like. I'm assuming I open that valve back up when I winterize? I didn't winterize so I had no clue it was there and there is no mention of it in the forest river manual..or at least I don't think there is.

Thank you all for your input! Lots of things to learn. The countdown to launch has been resumed. T-Minus 20 hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	valve.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	30022  

http://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #14

Another idea
The only other thing that may be bad is the little white back flow valve in the hookup where the city water line attaches. It may not be opening at all to allow the city water to flow in?

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #15

Water tank is full so I saw mention of a cut-off valve between the pump and the fresh water tank. Have you looked for this yet to make sure it's open and/or you may have a valve that goes to a winterizing/antifreeze bottle. i have this on my 2013. This would need to be set for closed to the bottle and opened to the FW tank.
2012 (6 nights), 2013 (32 nights), 2014 (26 nights), 2015 (37 nights), 2016 (14 nights)
mTn_biKer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMovies View Post
I have a filter but it is not installed right now. Not sure if I need to have it installed to run water thru the system or not.

Small leak... Hmmm. I have let it run for many minutes at a time and cant see even one drop of water. I hear what you are saying I just cant see the evidence of any leak at this point. I will go turn on the pump again and look for water.
Think everyone is sayin- turn on the pump and listen for air leaks your pump is sucking air not water. According to web pages from pump makers, the pump can run for extended periods without water. How bout the pump strainer made with internal screen, it didn't freeze and crack did it? Check all suction tubing, that's the ONLY place air can be pulled into the system.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:02 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMovies View Post
Ding Ding. We have a winner. Nice call Vince. It was the valve leading into the pump from the winterizing/antifreeze hose being open. I found that and closed it and instant water. I have posted a picture of what it looks like. I'm assuming I open that valve back up when I winterize? I didn't winterize so I had no clue it was there and there is no mention of it in the forest river manual..or at least I don't think there is.

Thank you all for your input! Lots of things to learn. The countdown to launch has been resumed. T-Minus 20 hours.
Ding dong Post #3 said the same thing. Youroo!!
Old 05-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #18
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Yeah, but in all fairness- Vince's answer was a heck of a lot more descriptive than mine. I was all like, "yeah, flip some valves or something" and Vince was like, "here's exactly what you're looking for"! :-)
Old 05-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #19

Dang it. I did miss it. Sorry. Yes Vince was way more clear but I was far more ignorant 40 minutes earlier so I wasn't ready for your answer yet. So...Vince strolls in after I've had a lifetime of learning...or maybe just over a half hour and wham. Fixed. When I read your post..and reread it I was picking up my daughter from soccer and was pretty distracted too. Distractions and ignorance are not a good mix for me. Thank you guys. I would really appreciate you guys staying close to the forum all weekend as I'm taking it out for the first time and will probably need some help at some point.

http://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #20

Quote:
Yea but I was writing the same time as you! I just have old curled fingers trouble typing, takes a little longer. Good call!