Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2017, 10:56 AM   #1

Question Does 2018 Rockwood 2104S have a low point drain?

We have been under the trailer and can't locate the low point drain. There are the sewer ports and the fresh water tank drain. We also have a cabinet under the fridge that has some shut offs and another cabinet with the water filter. We thought the low point drain would be under the trailer itself. Sorry if this is a crazy question. We'll call the dealer if you guys can't answer this puzzle. TIA
gptraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:34 PM   #2

Yes. Mine's on the awning side of the trailer toward the rear (and under the trailer). I have a sticker on the side of the trailer pointing it out.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:48 PM   #3

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Old 10-06-2017, 07:53 PM   #4

You're welcome. Were you able to locate it?
Old 10-08-2017, 09:27 AM   #5

We definitely found it and chuckled when we saw how obvious it was. Thanks again.
Now we will search for the step by step procedure for doing the blow out method of winterizing. Funny thing, the manual says to first drain all the lines but doesn't specify what those lines are or what order to blow them out. My husband is visualizing the system and wonders about pumping out the lines before and after the water pump.
As for the order, I suspect we will start by opening and cleaaring the shower, then the bathroom then kitchen sinks, then the outside shower, and finally the toilet.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:14 PM   #6

How did the blowout go for you? We just purchased our 2018 2104s and since it was supposed to freeze the night we brought it home we had dealer winterize it, with antifreeze. I'd love to get away from that and do the blowout as well, but know nothing about all this (first time trailer owner and somewhat UNhandyman.) Did you find a good step by step to the blowout method? Thanks!
Patrickm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:39 PM   #7
Just as confused as you

In the Library section of this forum you will find:
Forest River Forums - Downloads - How To Winterize Your RV
and
Forest River Forums - Downloads - How To Winterize Your RV
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:17 AM   #8

Thumbs up Not even close to sharing the sequence

Because this was our first time winterizing a trailer, we searched high and low on these boards and the rest of the internet. We never found a video or post specific to the Rockwood 2104S. What we did find was tons of information to consider, things like the hot water system, the water filter, the outside shower, the shut offs here and there, etc. In the end, we learned so much in the process. Springtime will tell if we got it right, when we find all the taps functioning as they should.
@Scrapper has some good links there so start reading and watching videos. You will start to visualize how the water system works in your particular trailer.
In the end, we chose the blowout method with a couple cups of antifreeze in the drains.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:27 AM   #9
Just as confused as you

I should point out that the flush valve on the toilet is susceptible to freezing and cracking if you only use air to blow the lines out. There have been several threads of people having the flush valve leaking when they use the camper for the first time.

I'm not saying it happens every time, but it may be something you want to consider.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:40 AM   #10

I agree, not much specific to 2104s. One would think the manufacturer could take the time to create a specific step by step if even just a printable list. But yes, there is a lot out there that will add up to leading me through. Thank you!
Patrickm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:30 AM   #11

No videos on the 2018 models

We are so brand spanking new, we don't have videos explaining everything. I suppose we can wait a while for those.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:17 PM   #12

We bought our 2018 2104S in December and it was winterized by the dealer. We waited until last month to take it out. A couple weeks later the weatherman predicted 38 degree temps for the next Sunday. I didn't check the weather and watched non local dish TV all weekend and didn't know until the banner at the bottom of the local TV showed the hard freeze warning. So I was out winterizing the trailer for the first time, half drunk, at 11 pm, dark, cold and forgot pretty much everything the dealer told me on the walk thru. I will find out if I did it right next weekend.
Okmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:43 AM   #13

De-winterized

We let the cold weather pass and then de-winterized this past Saturday. We triple checked everything and at this point can't see any leaks. We did make sure the water pump worked even though we couldn't imagine a brand new trailer having a problem.
The pump wouldn't stop running!!
So I added a lot more water to the fresh water tank, not just filling it a third as we originally did. Still running.
Then my husband removed the filter assembly, checked it over, and reinstalled. We may have had some crooked threading as re-screwing it on fixed it. The pump shut off. Hooray!
So glad we found it now rather than when we are boondocking somewhere in the woods miles from home.

Tags
210, drain, rockwood