Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2015, 08:31 PM   #1
bes

Dometic 300 Toilet--no water

Hey guys---finally got away with our new 28 and the toilet does not work. Had 1 flush that sprayed harder than normal now no pressure---No water to the bowl---Any ideas please. Sorta important .......
Thanks Barry
bes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:35 PM   #2

Talking

Probably has some junk in the valve that was missed during the QC audit when your unit was built. Shut the water off,let the pressure down and take the valve apart to see.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:54 PM   #3
bes

Do I need to pull the toilet to get to the valve?
Old 10-02-2015, 08:57 PM   #4

No,its down next to the floor on the right side of the toilet.Take a large bath towel and lay it on the floor under it because even with the water pressure relieved it will leak out on the floor.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:16 AM   #5
bes

Thanks trbomax; I'm sure your right. I'm just to big to get behind the toilet without pulling out the trim molding behind the toilet. Back to the dealer for some warranty work--better call now so I can get in THREE WEEKS.
Really appreciate the help, Barry
Old 10-03-2015, 02:46 PM   #6

When we thought all was empty, I tried to fix it myself but water started spraying so I'm going to take in to the pros. In the meantime we bought a 2 dollar bucket and kept it filled with water by the commode and poured it down the bowl after opening the valve with the foot pedal. At night we caught our shower water in the bucket and reused that water to "flush" the commode. That worked for us for 15 nights.

PS, keep some all purpose cleaner in the bathroom as you will have to clean the bowl more often.
Lexi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
No,its down next to the floor on the right side of the toilet.Take a large bath towel and lay it on the floor under it because even with the water pressure relieved it will leak out on the floor.
Turn water off at source.......
Open cold water low point drain and let it drain......No more pressure at toilet connection........J
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, water