Old 07-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #151

That's why I have gone to the pains to document it so completely. Even once I had it fixed I thought sharing the findings may help others,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Maze View Post
Thank goodness for all these posts. June 2014. I was able to come to the dealer prepared. My story is much like others. I am experienced RVer with a brand new 2014 Forest River FR3 with bad odor problem. I had never had odor problem before and all the obvious things that could cause it were clean and dry. Had to be the toilet (Dometic 300) so I came here to the forum. Found others with same problem and solution.

When I went to dealer, he did not trust that I knew what I was talking about, but after checking all the obvious, agreed to pull the toilet. He checked and showed me all the things that could be maintained and they all worked. He even turned it upside down and it was dry. I decided to take pictures for my records and when I turned it on its back a gallon of urine spilled out - trapped between housing parts. Dealer could not believe it and tried to figure out how it could happen - what leaks? I called Forest River, then Dometic, then Sealand Dometic. All were nice and prompt. The Sealand Dometic rep, did not even need to hear my story after I told her the model number. She simply asked for the serial number and said I will ship you a new one. She talked to dealer about warranty paperwork to take care of payment.

I will post again after it is installed to let you know if all goes well.

A&P
jack of all trades master of one...LOL
http://imageshack.us/a/img32/3111/ypy.JPG
wilem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:45 PM   #152

How have some of you guys still been able to get 310s for replacement when I thought they're only replacing the defective 300s with newer 300s?
I undoubtedly have the same faulty 300 model as you all on my 2014 21dk roo, but as a 250lb man, I have no desire for another plastic toilet. I would much rather have something sturdier but I'm also concerned about the size of the 310 and my quite-small bathroom.

2012 GMC Yukon XL SLT 4X4
2014 Rockwood Roo 21DK

BadgerRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:23 PM   #153

Don't know since the 310 would not fit. I would take major modifications to the bathroom wall behind the commode to accommodate the extra length. Apparently the bolts on the 310 are further forward than the 300. I wasn't ready to make those mods. My understanding of the issue is when we full figured fellas lean from side to side, it twists the connection and allows liquids to leak into the voids in the commode. So...I simply plop my rather full figured arse right down with specific aim so as not to wiggle and twist. So far we have had no issues with the updated 300. It's beats a "Luggable Loo" with a five gallon bucket. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:44 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerRoo View Post
How have some of you guys still been able to get 310s for replacement when I thought they're only replacing the defective 300s with newer 300s?
I undoubtedly have the same faulty 300 model as you all on my 2014 21dk roo, but as a 250lb man, I have no desire for another plastic toilet. I would much rather have something sturdier but I'm also concerned about the size of the 310 and my quite-small bathroom.
MODIFICATION Was needed. It was minor for my unit. It is detailed a few posts back 1-2 pages back. Mine was replaced with a 310 because I already had a "new 300" and as you can see in the pics it was indeed an upgraded version. I was careful not to lean and it made 4-5 camping trips before it failed. If you will be careful it may not fail but that is rediculous to me. The new toilet (310) is like sitting on a tree stump. It ain't going anywhere. It is also cleaner with the annular discharge flush water. I would imagine if enough of the 300-1 s fail they will send out 310s until they improve the 300
A&P
jack of all trades master of one...LOL
http://imageshack.us/a/img32/3111/ypy.JPG
wilem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:25 PM   #155
DW's Retirement Plan

Thanks to all who posted previously...

As the header says, Thanks to everyone for posting your issues AND to those of you who posted the Dometic contact (Diane) and the phone number (800-321-9886). I found myself with the same smelly issue and after a call to Diane this morning, she stated a new Model 300 (with the new design) will be shipped tomorrow with delivery hopefully Friday.

Looks like I have some minor work to do over the weekend.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #156

It's an easy job. Two nuts on the base and the water line. Be sure to bleed off the water pressure BEFORE you back off the water pipe. Have a few towels on hand as you will still get water dripping from the pipe. The. Gingerly walk that old 300 outside making sure you don't tip it from side to side.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:10 PM   #157
DW's Retirement Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slympicins View Post
It's an easy job. Two nuts on the base and the water line. Be sure to bleed off the water pressure BEFORE you back off the water pipe. Have a few towels on hand as you will still get water dripping from the pipe. The. Gingerly walk that old 300 outside making sure you don't tip it from side to side.

Yep... had my son out at the Flagstaff this evening and we were discussing that very thing. I told him I wanted a heavy-duty 30 gal garbage bag sitting outside the bathroom door for when we take the toilet out. We discussed who was going to be where and doing what.

Fortunately, with the 27BESS it's about 5'-6' feet max straight out the back door!

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:50 PM   #158

Haha. That still 5'/6' to trip and fall. Sorry but that's my luck. Like toast and peanut butter. When you drop the slice of toast, does it fall peanut butter up or down? Needless to say I clean a lot of peanut butter off the floor (well my puppy does). Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 07-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #159

Rock Star Status or Premium Customer Service on Toilet Issue

Well, it finally happened that the toilet in the main bathroom of our Heritage Glen 356qbq over the last week or so started emitting the nasty odor that you all have been talking about. After some investigation and tank flushing and deodorizing the smell was still there...nasty. So I too called Dometic's Dianne and after providing serial numbers for both toilets as I could get behind the problem one to read the tag she said she will send me out 2 replacement ones and to destroy the old ones as they don't need them back. But please remove the lid, valve, and something else for spare parts. Where should I ship them to? I live in Canada and she then tells me they will be shipped from their Ontario warehouse. Wow is all I can say. A lot of companies can take a lesson from Dometic on how to treat their customers. High 5 and Cudos to them. Thanks.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:01 PM   #160

Diane is wonderful. My experience with them was awesome.