Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2020, 06:31 AM   #381

We bought our tt late last year brand new 2020 and only used it three times before putting it away for the winter. At that time I knew I was going to replace the 300. I have never had a toilet that make so much noise. We call it squeaky. I was going to order a 310 a couple of weeks ago but decided to wait until after our June trip. The second day of our trip the smell was horrible so yesterday I called domestic with the serial number and they said that my 300 was built in 2018 and they would send me a replacement or upgrade to a 310 for $75. So I did the upgrade and should have the 310 by next week. Hard to believe they put such a horrible toilet like the 300 in an rv.
Old 06-15-2020, 08:45 PM   #382

We have a smell under our sink in the bathroom. We changed the value undressing the sink still smells. Rv is 4 years old and has been like it for two years. Not sure what to do. Any ideas?
Get Smart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 09:47 PM   #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
We have a smell under our sink in the bathroom. We changed the value undressing the sink still smells. Rv is 4 years old and has been like it for two years. Not sure what to do. Any ideas?
What valve? The air admittance valve or the anti-siphon valve for the black tank flush? I had the anti-siphon valve stick open allowing black tank smell. I’ve also had the air admittance valve in the kitchen fail.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 04:52 AM   #384

Quote:
I installed Fan-Tastic Vent Fans & Ultra Breeze Vent Covers on all vents. I leave my bathroom vent open all the time to air out my bathroom.

I can leave it open rain or shine.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 07:42 PM   #385
Ree

Quote:
We had an odor in our bathroom that was unbearable after 4 years camping in hot weather, it just turned up. We live in Central Florida, so it is hot. We thought it was coming from under the sinks in the bathroom. We have double sinks, one near the commode and one near the shower. Unknown to us the sink by the commode is attached to the black water tank and the other one is connected to the gray water tank.
I had been putting chemicals in the one sink next to the commode and not in in the other sink or shower, not knowing this fact of the tank connection. So I had been double dosing the black water tank and none in the gray water tank. It was the gray water tank that was giving us the odor, not the black water tank. My error corrected and we have fresh air every since. Just an correction we found. Hope this helps someone else. Happy Camping Enjoy your summer!
Old 06-23-2020, 10:02 AM   #386

Urine smell

Here is an update on the smell in our toilet. Since it was in for a recall on the slide out roof I had the dealer take care of it. They contacted Forest River and they approved the replacement of the toilet with the upgrade to the 310 model no cost to me. So I can not argue with that. I am surprised the 310 fit, the, bowl is right against the wall. Hope that will not be an issue going forward. Have not used it yet but the smell is gone.
freetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 11:22 PM   #387

We just purchased a 2020 Heritage Glen which has the 300 "stink pot". I wish I had seen this thread before I went out and bought a 320 model for replacement. I had no idea that this was a existing warranty issue. Lesson learned - check the forum first!
I notice that everyone is switching to the 310 model, any opinions out there on the 320?
John Lee
flyboy700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 11:44 PM   #388

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy700 View Post
We just purchased a 2020 Heritage Glen which has the 300 "stink pot". I wish I had seen this thread before I went out and bought a 320 model for replacement. I had no idea that this was a existing warranty issue. Lesson learned - check the forum first!
I notice that everyone is switching to the 310 model, any opinions out there on the 320?
John Lee
We love our 320.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 11:54 PM   #389

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy700 View Post
John Lee
You lost out on $75 and what appears from some owners some aggravation.

I think the main reason most are switching to 310 is that is what Dometic is offering (to some owners, not all) as an upgrade for $75. The 310 and the 320 are pretty much the same. I think the 320 has an elongated bowl and the 310 is round. They are both adult toilets with right height and made of porcelain.

We have the 320 and are happy with it. I’m a big guy and it is just the same as my toilet at home.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:55 AM   #390

The 310 will fit where the 300 is in most cases but the 320 requires a little more room. You can find all the specs on the Dometic website.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:12 AM   #391

We replaced the replacement Dometic toilet with Thetford

The toilet Dometic sent us as a replacement was an awful design. It leaked and was missing a gasket on the flushing arm in the down tube . We trashed it and replaced it with a Thetford. We used to love and trust the Dometic brand. Had a refridgerator that was a recall also. No more Dometic products for us.
scasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:09 AM   #392

Quote:
Originally Posted by scasto View Post
The toilet Dometic sent us as a replacement was an awful design. It leaked and was missing a gasket on the flushing arm in the down tube . We trashed it and replaced it with a Thetford. We used to love and trust the Dometic brand. Had a refridgerator that was a recall also. No more Dometic products for us.
What did they send you? Another 300? I do agree the Dometic brand isn’t the best. Especially their Aircondition units.
kk5fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:35 AM   #393

It was the standard replacement, we did not pay extra. Not sure what model it was. It was about 2015.
scasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 01:45 PM   #394

Quote:
It was the standard replacement, we did not pay extra. Not sure what model it was. It was about 2015.
Then it would have been another 300... which is why this long post. If they didn’t offer an upgrade to another model I would have gone to another brand too.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:25 PM   #395

Quote:

I hate dometic brand toilets. I’ll never buy another dometic product again after this toilet problem. I also replaced my 300 with a Thetford and it’s so much nicer.
deepseadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 12:59 PM   #396

I just bought a small spray bottle of some powerful good smelling stuff----it suits a strong odor of orange and cinnamon en bathroom, and it helps make the seals happy.

It's 10$ for 100 used (4 sprays)

product is

Outhouse #2 Toilet Spray by a company RV FRIENDLY
49Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:11 PM   #397

We have a Dometic 300 manufactured 07/16/2019. So they are still making them. Wonder if the initial problem has been corrected? I have yet to use it for #1 or #2 and just keep about 2 cups of water in the bowl to keep the gasket wet.
Squatchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:03 PM   #398

They have corrected the issue now but if you buy a 2019 model or a 2020 model that was created before the issue was found, it is not fixed in those. I was actually much happier upgrading to the 310 so it worked out in the end but those couple weeks of the smell killed me.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:59 AM   #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinzicarey View Post
They have corrected the issue now but if you buy a 2019 model or a 2020 model that was created before the issue was found, it is not fixed in those. I was actually much happier upgrading to the 310 so it worked out in the end but those couple weeks of the smell killed me.
I’m hopeful they fixed it finally but if that’s what they told you when you called them, it sounds very much like what they told me when I had the stinky issue.... and that was in August 2018. They told me then that they had found the problem in one of their two production plants that make the model 300. They told me they identified the issue and fixed it. Here we are in 2020 and folks are still having the problem.
I can understand to a point that It could have been bad inventory but I just can’t believe for as many units that get sent out they would be that far ahead. And it didn’t just start with mine. I’ve seen people complaining about them as far back as 2015.
My personal belief and I have nothing to go on but what’s in my head (you don’t want to go there LOL!)
I think that because the 300 is plastic that it moves or flexes in a way to compromise the gaskets that are inside.
I moved to a 310 with the porcelain bowl and love it. For one thing it got rid of that awful squeak the 300 had.

Anyway I do hope they fixed it once and for all.
Old 08-16-2020, 06:06 PM   #400

Omg this is so nasty....I have a new vibe w this junk toilet...after changing vent..
all kinds of chemicals...air fresheners...yelling at the kids...I find this nasty gallon of pee inside the toilet....I wish I could post a video here u can see me pour it out...y r they still putting them in and they dont seem to be sending replacements...I gotta take it in for warranty...can't believe I been living with this nasty smell and mess in my camper
Mike17 is offline   Reply With Quote