Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2020, 09:37 PM   #401

Full of yellow

Spilling out the back....look down the back with a light
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200816_093729.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	236766  
Mike17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 12:21 PM   #402

We have this issue on a 2018 FR Wildwood 36BHBS but we don't have a sticker with model/serial #. I can tell it is the 300 model though. We are the second owners of the TT. Are we out of luck as far as getting Dometic to help?
JimboFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 12:30 PM   #403

I wish I'd kept specific notes, but yeah if you call dometic they're all very well aware of this and their standard solution is send you a new one that supposedly is fixed, or spend an extra $75 (shipped) to get the improved ceramic model. Get the ceramic model for $75 it's worth it. Just realize the 310 model has an additional 2 inches I think behind it that the 300 does not, so just make sure you got the room behind your current toilet and the wall.
shredjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 12:53 PM   #404

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredjesse View Post
I wish I'd kept specific notes, but yeah if you call dometic they're all very well aware of this and their standard solution is send you a new one that supposedly is fixed, or spend an extra $75 (shipped) to get the improved ceramic model. Get the ceramic model for $75 it's worth it. Just realize the 310 model has an additional 2 inches I think behind it that the 300 does not, so just make sure you got the room behind your current toilet and the wall.
See my post #318

We love our Dometic 320.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 01:00 PM   #405

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredjesse View Post
Attached pictures of mine - I think I can make the 310 work. I can rotate a bit too right?

But since I don't have that sticker with serial # on it I am worried this will be 100% out of pocket.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8663.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	236.2 KB
ID:	237514   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8659.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	377.9 KB
ID:	237515  
Old 08-24-2020, 01:05 PM   #406

Dometic was no help for me...even w the sticker
Should be a lawsuit...it be one thing if they took it off the market..I feel for the people that dont realize its happening
Mike17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 02:05 PM   #407

I can’t believe this is still an issue!

We have a 2019 Greywolf 22RR. For months I have been trying to track down the source of a black tank odour (occasionally went away just enough to think it was chemicals). We’ve tried different chemicals, I’ve checked the vent stack, checked the seal on the dump valve etc. yet odor persisted!

So I have seen posts regarding problems with the Dometic 300 toilet.

Today I removed the toilet and sure enough it is a model 300. I found the same problem as many have described. There is fluid trapped between the upper bowl and outer shell YUCK!

Why, when this has been a problem for 10 years are they still selling this design and why are manufacturers STILL INSTALLING THEM!!

I have a call into the dealer and they are looking into it, but were unaware of the issues with this model... waiting to hear back.

Thanks for all who posted previously on this, it’s a huge relief to find the problem!
Gooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 02:18 PM   #408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike17 View Post
Dometic was no help for me...even w the sticker
Should be a lawsuit...it be one thing if they took it off the market..I feel for the people that dont realize its happening
Was just on hold for nearly 2 hours and the lady basically told me to eff off in a 30 second conversation. I will steer clear of Dometic anything going forward.
Old 08-24-2020, 03:06 PM   #409

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboFisher View Post
Was just on hold for nearly 2 hours and the lady basically told me to eff off in a 30 second conversation. I will steer clear of Dometic anything going forward.
Kind of think there’s more to the story here. They couldn’t have been nicer when I called and got right through to them. I had emailed first and someone emailed back with their direct contact.
kk5fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 04:54 PM   #410

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk5fe View Post
Kind of think there’s more to the story here. They couldn’t have been nicer when I called and got right through to them. I had emailed first and someone emailed back with their direct contact.
Negative. It was as simple as that. Out of warranty, second owner, go to dealer.

But would you be nice enough to share the contact info of the rep you dealt with? I would love to give them a try!
Old 08-24-2020, 05:59 PM   #411

Quote:
Negative. It was as simple as that. Out of warranty, second owner, go to dealer.

But would you be nice enough to share the contact info of the rep you dealt with? I would love to give them a try!
Ok... but there was more to the story. They are only directly dealing with in Warranty issues. If it’s out of warranty you’d have to buy it outright. As of now they aren’t doing a recall so it’s simply warranty as a broken part.

But this is who I talked to. This was back in 2018 though. I had posted this info earlier in this post.... but that was a while ago too.

Diane Staman
Customer Service

Phone (330) 439-5545
diane.staman@dometic.com
kk5fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 11:55 AM   #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk5fe View Post
Ok... but there was more to the story. They are only directly dealing with in Warranty issues. If it’s out of warranty you’d have to buy it outright. As of now they aren’t doing a recall so it’s simply warranty as a broken part.

But this is who I talked to. This was back in 2018 though. I had posted this info earlier in this post.... but that was a while ago too.

Diane Staman
Customer Service

Phone (330) 439-5545
diane.staman@dometic.com
Thank you sir, this issue is obviously well beyond an "in Warranty issue" so hopefully I will have better luck with your contact. Email sent.
Old 08-25-2020, 05:22 PM   #413

Quote:
Thank you sir, this issue is obviously well beyond an "in Warranty issue" so hopefully I will have better luck with your contact. Email sent.
She is sending me a kit that fixes my 300 free of charge. They just started doing this in the last couple days. Thanks!
Old 08-25-2020, 09:23 PM   #414

Quote:
She is sending me a kit that fixes my 300 free of charge. They just started doing this in the last couple days. Thanks!
The kit is certainly a nice gesture. But does it replace the plastic potty with a porcelain bowl? A slow close seat/cover? A larger bowl with better flush?

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 09:58 PM   #415

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
The kit is certainly a nice gesture. But does it replace the plastic potty with a porcelain bowl? A slow close seat/cover? A larger bowl with better flush?
It is better than nothing which is where my first attempt led to. Problem for me is warranty coverage doesn't extend to second owner. For an issue like this, it shouldn't matter for a reputable company.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:13 AM   #416

I called Dometic 2 weeks ago and was on hold for just under 2 hours. I am the first owner and under warranty. I was told to go through my dealer. I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Basically, if I don't get the upgrade I will just spend the $200. For $125 in savings it is not worth my time to get in line at the dealer.

2022 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
2020 Rockwood Roo 19 (Sold Jul 2022)
2012 F150 SuperCrew Ecoboost
hobienick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 07:41 PM   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobienick View Post
I called Dometic 2 weeks ago and was on hold for just under 2 hours. I am the first owner and under warranty. I was told to go through my dealer. I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Basically, if I don't get the upgrade I will just spend the $200. For $125 in savings it is not worth my time to get in line at the dealer.

Same. 1.5 hours.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:49 PM   #418

I wish I would have found this forum 2 years ago.

I have a 2018 Salem Cruise Lite 263BHXL That has been emitting a foul black tank odor since it was 6 months old. Being new to RV's I thought it was something I was doing wrong. Searching Google for black tank odors did not find anything regarding the Dometic 300 faults.

After reading this thread and dumping the sewage from the back of my toilet to confirm the issue I contacted Dometic via online form and via phone. The response from the online form was to contact a dealer. Speaking with someone at Dometic I was told I am out of warranty and the only thing they could do was send a seal kit to repair my toilet at no cost.

I accepted the rebuild kit just to see what was included and how Dometic feels this fixes my issue. Before the kit arrived in the mail I had already replaced the Dometic with a Thetford toilet. I don't feel I should give Dometic another dollar of my money if they are still installing faulty toilets after 7 years of known failures.
Dirthawg_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 06:32 PM   #419

I have the same issue with a Dometic 300 toilet in a 2019 22RR. I have been in contact with the dealer for the past three weeks. Still waiting on a reply from Dometic or Forest River.

I fault both Dometic for not recalling all of them and Forest River for continuing to install them.. I am sure both are fully aware of the issue after 7 years.. ridiculous!
Gooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:21 PM   #420

These RV manufactures will throw anything they can get cheap in these things and we will buy them. They could use some better quality material using their buying power and probably increase the price of each unit a grand or two and us buyers probably wouldn't notice the price increase. Heck, we might even be happier with what we buy.
Sunseeker16 is offline   Reply With Quote