Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2019, 05:59 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 23
Draining fresh water tank

We just purchased a used 2013 Palomino Solaire 297 RLDS and the fresh water tank is full can someone shed some light on how I would go about draining it?
__________________

captrcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:23 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
nomad297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,452
Are You Sure?

Are you sure the tank is full, or are you just judging it by what the indicator lights say? The indicators are pretty unreliable. As far as draining the tank on your specific model, sorry, but I can’t help you with that other than telling you that you can get most of the water out by turning the pump on and running a faucet. There is a drain somewhere, though.

Bruce
__________________

__________________
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:27 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 23
Ok thanks yes there is a lot of water in the tank and I believe the monitor is fairly accurate I ran the the kitchen and bathroom faucets for 15-20 minutes and now shows 3/4 don't like the idea of running the pump long enough to drain 40 gallons of water
captrcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:34 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
nomad297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by captrcurtis View Post
Ok thanks yes there is a lot of water in the tank and I believe the monitor is fairly accurate I ran the the kitchen and bathroom faucets for 15-20 minutes and now shows 3/4 don't like the idea of running the pump long enough to drain 40 gallons of water
Don’t worry about the pump — it can handle it with ease. Turn on all of your faucets if you want it to drain faster.

Bruce
__________________
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:36 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Don’t worry about the pump — it can handle it with ease. Turn on all of your faucets if you want it to drain faster.

Bruce
Ok thanks I'm not sure how long the water has been in the tank thought I'd run some bleach through it also. What are your thoughts?
captrcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:50 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
nomad297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by captrcurtis View Post
Ok thanks I'm not sure how long the water has been in the tank thought I'd run some bleach through it also. What are your thoughts?
I wouldn’t add the bleach now because it won’t mix with all of the water in the tank thoroughly. I would wait until the tank is drained, then refill it with sanitizing in mind.

Bruce
__________________
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:59 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
I wouldn’t add the bleach now because it won’t mix with all of the water in the tank thoroughly. I would wait until the tank is drained, then refill it with sanitizing in mind.

Bruce
Great thanks for the feed back I've been away from RV'ing a long time but was into boats up until a couple of years ago.
Now that we are retired going to start doing some traveling.
captrcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:47 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Dave Lyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Oshawa, ON
Posts: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
I wouldn’t add the bleach now because it won’t mix with all of the water in the tank thoroughly. I would wait until the tank is drained, then refill it with sanitizing in mind.

Bruce
X2 - 1/4 cup of bleach for 15 gallons of water. Let it sit overnight and then flush out the bleach/water solution.

If you're not sure the source of the water or how long it has been in the tank, you may want to sanitize twice.
__________________
Dave, Southern,ON



2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:53 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lyon View Post
X2 - 1/4 cup of bleach for 15 gallons of water. Let it sit overnight and then flush out the bleach/water solution.

If you're not sure the source of the water or how long it has been in the tank, you may want to sanitize twice.
Thank you we have no idea how long or where it's come from
captrcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:06 AM   #10
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 10,461
On most/many units, you can crawl under the fresh water tank and find a drain pipe. Mine has a screw cap on it. Some have one of 2-3 types of valves. You don’t see any drain pipes coming down from your FW tank?
__________________

__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 29; booked = 12
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drain, fresh water, tank, water, water tank

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 PM.