Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2010, 09:12 AM   #1

Draining low water pipes ??

Does anyome know where the low water drain valves on a 2011 Cedar Creek 36RD5S Fifth Wheel are located ?

Trying to learn about my new rig and I can't remeber if the dealer told where the low water pipe drain valves are located.

My other trailer had a low water drain cap for hot water pipes and one for cold water pipes.

Trying to have fun,

Thanks ahead....
gmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:22 AM   #2

Not trying to be a smart a** but have you crawled under the unit yet?
On our new Sierra 5er they were hanging through the underbelly material by about 4”. Couldn’t miss them.
One was red & the other white.

I actually went to Lowes & got some extra PVC piping & ball valves & ran extensions out to just even with the side of the unit.
Now no more crawling underneath to open the low point drains or the fresh water tank drain.
Not sure why FR doesn’t just put the extra $20 into the units & plumb them that way from the factory.
3 Happy Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:38 AM   #3

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Happy Campers View Post
Not trying to be a smart a** but have you crawled under the unit yet?
On our new Sierra 5er they were hanging through the underbelly material by about 4”. Couldn’t miss them.
One was red & the other white.

I actually went to Lowes & got some extra PVC piping & ball valves & ran extensions out to just even with the side of the unit.
Now no more crawling underneath to open the low point drains or the fresh water tank drain.
Not sure why FR doesn’t just put the extra $20 into the units & plumb them that way from the factory.

I see several lines underneath but there are no valves attached ??

I had a trailer once where the drain valves were underneath my sink, but I can't find any such valves on this rig.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmccall View Post
I see several lines underneath but there are no valves attached ??
On mine there were just cap nuts or whatever the technical plumbing term for them is.
I added the ball valves.

You will see two right next to each other. Those will be the low point hot & cold lines. They have cap nuts on them.

Somewhere else under the unit you will find one single line with a cap nut. That's the fresh water tank drain. Right next to that will be a line with no cap on it. That one is the fresh tank overflow.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:50 AM   #5

Quote:
On mine there were just cap nuts or whatever the technical plumbing term for them is.
I added the ball valves.

You will see two right next to each other. Those will be the low point hot & cold lines. They have cap nuts on them.

Somewhere else under the unit you will find one single line with a cap nut. That's the fresh water tank drain. Right next to that will be a line with no cap on it. That one is the fresh tank overflow.
Yes sir, that is excatly how my last trailer was.

This new rig has no such caps for two drain pipes under mine.

Actually one of the drain pipes with no cap is right next to the drain pipe with a valve that drains the holding tank.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #6

Sorry I’ve offered about all I can at this point.
Don’t hesitate to go back to the dealer.
I’ve got mine on speed dial!

The post sale support is what distinguishes a good dealer.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:01 PM   #7
Wanna Be Camper

Not all units have low water drains so it is possible your new one doesn't. The winterizing manual our dealer sent us brings this point up.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
Not all units have low water drains so it is possible your new one doesn't. The winterizing manual our dealer sent us brings this point up.
The Cedar Creek 36RD5S is a higher price model than my Sierra 356RL.
I can't see where they would skimp on low point drains on this model.
I’m looking at some pictures on line right now. I wouldn’t be surprised if you had some remote valves in the water mgt cabinet. It looks a lot busier than mine.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #9

On my Flagstaff 26RKS they are well hidden but the valve is inside the trailer between the shower and a brace and nearly impossible to get to. While under your trailer, get an idea of the location with respect to the outside and go inside to that location and explore around.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:16 PM   #10

gmccall,
WOW did you get the electronic leveling on your unit? I’m jealous
Old 09-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #11

Quote:
gmccall,
WOW did you get the electronic leveling on your unit? I’m jealous

Yes sir we did get the auto level. Got the unit home and the auto level failed to work. After tightening a loose power wire to the hydraulic motor she leveled to my amazement. No more boards, bricks, looking at levels, walking around to look at bubbles and most of all, no more wobbling of the trailer when someone is walking round as the auto level jacks take nearly if not all wobble away.

Also, about the low water drain.............dealer finally called back and told me to look in a closed compartment inside our large (see through) storage area under the bedroom in the front. The compartment is

accessible behind a slide door that is fastened with one screw. There should be a valve for each hot and cold water drain. Yahoo ! terrible to get excited over such a find.... If infact the drain valves are there. ha
Old 09-28-2010, 09:48 AM   #12

found the low water DRAINS

They were behind the slide door in the big storage area.

Thanks all for the help
Old 11-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #13

The valves for the low point drain are accessed in the basement storage area. Ther will be a sliding door to your left that is prob. screwed shut. Unscrew and slide open and the valves are in there.
ksams1 is offline   Reply With Quote