Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2017, 11:24 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
Are you going to have sewer hookup where you are camping? If yes, then open grey tank valve, at least while showering if you can't resolve before you leave.
No idea, we'll be staying wherever we end up at day's end for the next few weeks. I'm just hoping it will rain! Leaving tomorrow come pail or no water.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:22 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwilcox View Post
If you can get the camera into the tank from the outlet side you should see if the vent is in the tank to far. Best of luck and let us know what you find.
Camera worked well and will add one from Harbor Freight to my toolbox. Unfortunately it didn't reveal anything. The 2400W has tanks on the passenger side and drains on driver's side so can't get camera up there. Cannot see top of grey tank. The upper side of the diagonal pipe goes to a vertical pipe that must be the roof vent. I can't see where the other end goes but assume it's the tank. Do both the grey & black tank have individual vents?

Moved RV to more level area and that didn't resolve either. It has to be something so simple I'll be slapping my head when it's figured out.

Postponing departure 1 day, sigh.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:17 PM   #23

Not all builders or models the same, have seen three tanks combined just before the roof exit. Another coach had individual terminations. A glance on the roof will tell. They are obvious. If combined they use laterals and tricky to negotiate the routing.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:13 PM   #24

If I had a slow drain in my home I would try to plunge it. I just wonder if you have something in the drain system that is backing things up. But then you say you open the drain valve and everything drains normally so it sounds like air can't get out of your holding tank. You say you removed the vent valve under your sink and it did not help so it is not a lack of air behind the water. It sounds like air can't get out of your holding tank.

The real mystery is the fact a sink drained, then refilled and then drained again or oscillated back and forth. Was it windy outside? Crazy question but if your gray tank vent is below the water in the tank then air pressure can cause the water to rise and fall...

When you go on the roof and remove the gray tank vent cover is the pvc pipe right up at the top of the roof on your RV? Do all the sinks back up at the same time? If not try this Silly test, get a ballon, this is out there, fill your sink until one backs up, then stretch the ballon over the gray tank vent pvc pipe. Add water to another sink and see if the ballon fills with air. If no, then the vent pipe is below the water level in the tank and no air can escape.

You said the kitchen backed up first. From the looks of your plumbing and what you have said that sink seems closest to your gray tank. There is probably more pipe to fill with water before you get to your bathroom so that is why it takes longer before it fills up.

Once the sinks back up, do they ever drain? If yes, plunge the kitchen sink, carefully. I know you snaked it but you also said you hit a stop. If that does not help then it looks more and more like a vent problem for the tank.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:47 PM   #25

The answer is

I appreciate all your suggestions. Like. I said, it's probably a very simple solution. So simple it was in my first post. The MH wasn't level. Even though I had it in 2 different positions during all this, neither was true level. Since we wanted to have a dry run before we left, we leveled it in the driveway to spend the night. Lol and behold, it worked fine.

So I am living up to my handle. I'm thinking of changing it to trying to learn the hard way.

We lost a couple of days playing with this but left Monday for 90 days or so to do the USA.

Now I really start to learn!

Thanks again.
-Bob
Old 04-18-2017, 03:09 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingToLearn View Post
I appreciate all your suggestions. Like. I said, it's probably a very simple solution. So simple it was in my first post. The MH wasn't level. Even though I had it in 2 different positions during all this, neither was true level. Since we wanted to have a dry run before we left, we leveled it in the driveway to spend the night. Lol and behold, it worked fine.

So I am living up to my handle. I'm thinking of changing it to trying to learn the hard way.

We lost a couple of days playing with this but left Monday for 90 days or so to do the USA.

Now I really start to learn!

Thanks again.
-Bob
Thanks for the comeback! Your unit must have been "Really Out of Level" in order for the Fluid to cover your Vent pipe inside your Tank! Since "Level" works that's great But your "Vent Pipe is still to Low in your tank or you need to Stop parking on a "Mountain Side"! Youroo!!

Tags
drain, vent