Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #1

Drip under trailer

The underside of my Rockwood Fifth Wheel is covered, so I don't know its layout.

Last week we got hit with a surprise freeze. It dropped to 27 degrees and stayed below freezing for several hours. Usually I will run out and turn the heater on when we know the temps are likely to drop below freezing to keep my pipes safe. We live in the Coastal Bend of Texas, and freezing weather is not common, so rather than drain and winterize, I just try to keep on top of the weather.

On this evening, everyone was taken by surprise.

Anyway, we are getting ready for a short trip, and yesterday I sanitized the freshwater tank with a bit of chlorine, drained it, and refilled it. I flushed out the pipes by turning on the faucets, and drained the galley tank.

I also washed the RV, if that has anything to do with anything.

This morning, I noticed the slab under the RV was still wet. Peeking under the RV, I saw a small but steady drip coming from the corner of the vent that is situated between the tires. It is not coming from the vent, but rather from the outside of the vent. Between the corner of the vent and the material that covers the underside. I didn't see any bulging in that area of the cover. And I think I remember seeing a leak in this same place before.

Any ideas what might be leaking, or how serious of a problem I might have?

Thanks,

-Wandering Man
Wandering Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer