Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
The breaker inside the panel was on when I purchased my tt and I always leave it on. It's just something to check if your going to be using the electric side to your water heater.

Chances are the electric was on, but when you turned on the water heater switch inside the trailer the gas tried to light as well since the water in the tank wasn't heated yet. It didn't light at first because of air in the line. You only need to use this switch when using the gas side to your water heater.

As long as the breaker is on and you turn the black rocker switch on, the electric will heat the water. Just give it 30 minutes or so to get hot.

The rocker switch is a PIA to mess with. That's why I was happy to see that they inculded the electric switch inside my tt along side the gas switch.

__________________

__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #12
(Kim)
 
Labzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 595
Ok guys.......after reading all of your replies and realizing my initial mistake, this is what I think happened.

1. I did not know that the water heater switch on the control panel in the trailer, is only used for the gas mode.

2. I turned on the WH switch with the pin, located on the outside panel.

3. I did not have any propane on.

4. The 'dsi flt' light came on, NOT because the electric wasn't working, but instead because I had turned on the gas mode also, and it did not have any propane supplying it. ( I heard it clicking )

New question.

Is the 'dsi flt' light only for gas mode? I am assuming this as it is on the panel next to the switch for the gas mode.
__________________

__________________
2010 Dodge Ram 1500
2012 Rockwood 2306
Kim
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:40 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: West Bend, WI
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
Is the 'dsi flt' light only for gas mode? I am assuming this as it is on the panel next to the switch for the gas mode.
Yes, it's for gas only. There is no indication inside regarding the electric source for the water heater.
__________________
03 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 5.3 V8, 3.73
06 Rockwood Roo 23SS
Equalizer Hitch
dlhoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: West Bend, WI
Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
The breaker inside the panel was on when I purchased my tt and I always leave it on. It's just something to check if your going to be using the electric side to your water heater.

Chances are the electric was on, but when you turned on the water heater switch inside the trailer the gas tried to light as well since the water in the tank wasn't heated yet. It didn't light at first because of air in the line. You only need to use this switch when using the gas side to your water heater.

As long as the breaker is on and you turn the black rocker switch on, the electric will heat the water. Just give it 30 minutes or so to get hot.

The rocker switch is a PIA to mess with. That's why I was happy to see that they inculded the electric switch inside my tt along side the gas switch.


I like that dual switch. Looks like it's an aftermarket item. Now I have to get me one. LOL!
__________________
03 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 5.3 V8, 3.73
06 Rockwood Roo 23SS
Equalizer Hitch
dlhoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
Someone probably does sell the gas/electric switches, however they come standard on Prime Time trailers. They also mount them high up behind a cabinet door where kids can't mess with them.
Another thing I really like, Prime Time also have the digital thermostats as standard equipment.

__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #16
(Kim)
 
Labzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
Ok....I'm still kinda confused

I looked at the breaker panel and I don't understand how to turn that breaker 'on' because it is 'on' already, if it is the one I am looking at.
It shares a breaker with the converter on my panel.

???????
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlhoppe View Post
Yes, it's for gas only. There is no indication inside regarding the electric source for the water heater.

Ok, thank-you all!!!

It was a false alarm then and the light had nothing to do with the electric mode.....

Sorry guys =[
__________________
2010 Dodge Ram 1500
2012 Rockwood 2306
Kim
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: West Bend, WI
Posts: 166
Found the Atwood dual switch on eBay for $10.98 shipped.

Atwood Water Heater Dual Switch Panel 91230 | eBay
__________________
03 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 5.3 V8, 3.73
06 Rockwood Roo 23SS
Equalizer Hitch
dlhoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: West Bend, WI
Posts: 166
Labzy, no worries. That's what this forum is for.
__________________
03 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 5.3 V8, 3.73
06 Rockwood Roo 23SS
Equalizer Hitch
dlhoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:30 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
Ok, thank-you all!!!

It was a false alarm then and the light had nothing to do with the electric mode.....

Sorry guys =[
No need to apologize. That's what this forum is for, to help each other. We all started out the same.

I thought I had a water heater problem one time.
I was operating on the electric side and decided I would use the gas. I turned the electric off, then turned on the gas and nothing happened. It didn't try to light and the red light didn't come on. I messed with it for awhile one evening and never did get it to light. The next morning I tried again and it operated as it should!
Through this forum I found out later that since the water was already heated by the electric that the gas didn't need to fire up, so it didn't. The water had cooled down overnight since I didn't turn the electric back on, so it fired up.
Everything was operating as it should, except me!
__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlhoppe View Post
Found the Atwood dual switch on eBay for $10.98 shipped.

Atwood Water Heater Dual Switch Panel 91230 | eBay
Good deal!

Let us know how it works out for you.
__________________

__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
led pad

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 AM.