Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2018, 10:40 AM   #21

Thanks all! I went with the 15. I've watched some youtube vids and saw how rigid it stays and holds it's shape when formed. I was worried about sagging with a longer hose but apparently that is not an issue. Have to swap it in this weekend. Hope it's not too messy. Ewww..
Old 07-10-2018, 10:46 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnerb View Post
Ok, thanks all. I'll go 15. I just didn't know if it would sag if it were too long. Sounds like that is not an issue.

Thanks!
Actually sag can be an issue and we carry one of these because storage and weight is an issue for us.
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Sidewin.../dp/B0006IX7Y2
Old 07-10-2018, 11:10 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Camco Rhino and Valterra Dominator are both good “traditional” hoses and both .23 mil thick. The Valterra Viper is .25 mil and should be more durable. I have the Valterra ez-couple with an adapter as a back-up. My main drain so to speak is the LCI Waste Master. It is as bullet proof as a flex sewer hose is going to get. I have not had to use my backup yet as all FHU sites were under 20’ to the dump. I did have to use my 50’ water and extra 25’ electric at the MyOldKentuckyHome State Park. 40’ to water 45’ to juice!
Yes ,My Old Ky Home ,Cherry Hill MD,and Shippshe,North,IN require LONG Feed for SEWER,WATER,and POWER! Just depends what Site you get! Youroo!!
Old 07-10-2018, 04:30 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Actually sag can be an issue and we carry one of these because storage and weight is an issue for us.
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Sidewin.../dp/B0006IX7Y2
PVC pipe doesn't sag either.

Just saying...
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:06 PM   #25

A 10 foot hose may actually get you to 10 feet as functional length if you really stretch it. I would recommend that you use some good high quality BLACK zip ties on the connectors before using it. I carry thirty feet. Usually I will only use 20, but have been in situations where the thirty was needed.
BTW... there are no dumb questions here... just some that are repetitive.
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:45 AM   #26
Just as confused as you

Since you are on a seasonal site you should use pvc. One of the benefits is you never have to disconnect it for storage in the off season.

My TT is on a seasonal site, 12" horizontal pvc to a clear 45* connected to another 45* then 8" down to the septic. It's been in place for 5 years and removed once to use the tote for gray water during a week long stay with 5 in the trailer.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain