Old 06-25-2016, 10:15 PM   #11
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
I can't understand how hooking up a flush hose would contaminate a faucet....all have backflow valves on them....
Well they would be using a hose that was previously hooked up and handle at a dump station! Or the hose could have been stores with the dump hose.

2016 Coachmen Apex 288BHS

2015 F150 Sport 4x4 3.5 Eco Boost
4B11T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:18 PM   #12
Left Coast
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Well, there is stupid...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bob/Linda, 99 Dodge 2500 Cummins,2010 8280 Rockwood Ultra-lite 5er, PullRite Superglide----- I'm retired......but work part time as a pain in the ass!........... USMC.
bob caldwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:20 PM   #13
NY State Parks dump stations

Originally Posted by Locchamp View Post
Hello new to rv world I am at my first state park where I will eventually have to go to a dumping station when I leave.

2016 mini lite 2306
2012 Chevy traverse
You will find that all NY State parks are not the same. E.g. at Selkirk there is a threaded hose all set to hook to your clean-out. At Long Point, there is a threaded outlet to which you hook up your own hose. Others have no threaded connection.

Regardless, you have been given good advice on whether to use the clean-out. I always leave at off times so I can utilize this feature and with a clear elbow connection I can tell you it does a very nice job.

Some of the parks pick up garbage from your site and even deliver firewood. All depends on who's running the park and what kind of staff they have.

At the last park we visited the red cap (park volunteer) told me the park manager does not enforce the generator quiet hours rule in the non-electric section if the generator is a quiet invertor type as they're not much louder than the roof top A/C's in the electric sites. Other NY parks do enforce this regardless of whether anyone complains.
2015 Shamrock 231KSS, Oyster shell
2016 Chev Silverado LT Z71 Ext. Cab, 4x4, 5.3L V/8
Reese Straight Line WDH, 2000W Honda Gen.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
55 nights camping in 2015, 45 in 2016
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:30 PM   #14
Lot's of campsites with full hookups. I would look for one of those.
2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:55 PM   #15
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Lot's of campsites with full hookups. I would look for one of those.
If thats what you're into. We have found that with full hookups come crowds and usually smaller sites packed closer together. We search out the older state and ACOE places with at most electricity. We have no issues with using campground shower houses and the dump station on the way out or with the blueboy.
Mr Havercamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:32 PM   #16
One other option so you don't create a delay at the dump station. Look for an open full hook up site on your last day. After you're all ready for the road, back in to the empty site, dump and flush until you see clean water in your clear sewer hose coupler (I assume you have one of those - very handy). Head on down the road.
2015 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 WS. Rear LR, large street side slide with small wardrobe slide in BR.
2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel Laramie Quad Cab.
wbdavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:10 PM   #17
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
I can't understand how hooking up a flush hose would contaminate a faucet....all have backflow valves on them....
With the exception of those that want to remove the backflow preventors because they either don't understand what they are for, or they have a leak and won't fix them and take them out.
floridela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:58 PM   #18
Agree with most of previous comments. However, we find that with our new fifth-wheel with three separate tanks to drain, it takes only a few moments to hook up the black tank flushing hose while all holding tanks are draining. My wife and I work as a well-trained team at each dump site, so the folks who may be in line behind us are usually understanding and patient. They watch how we operate, and often make notes on their own to duplicate our procedure. We are always prepared to dump in the most time efficient way possible. We have also learned that it is beneficial to leave a few gallons of fresh water in each holding tank during the trip home to slosh away any dried residue that may have accumulated on the tank walls.
Jakie-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:46 PM   #19
There would be big trouble around Saskatchewan if people were flushing their tanks in a Provincial Campground as most of them have holding tanks in the ground that will only hold so much liquid before they are full. They then need to be pumped out by a septic truck to be disposed of. Please don't flush until you get to a site that drains to a sewer system. Thanks.
perrogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:09 AM   #20
Right On perrogie !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote