Old 06-27-2016, 08:53 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbdavey View Post
One other option so you don't create a delay at the dump station. Look for an open full hook up site on your last day. After you're all ready for the road, back in to the empty site, dump and flush until you see clean water in your clear sewer hose coupler (I assume you have one of those - very handy). Head on down the road.
I guess if I rent a site without full hookups I would be hesitant to use an empty site with them. I paid for a minimum site and that is what I use. If a lot of people did this I think it would turn into everyone paying for no hookups and using the empty sites on the way out.

2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You can't make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:01 AM   #22

Very true Filthy !!!

Old 06-27-2016, 09:16 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locchamp View Post
Hello new to rv world I am at my first state park where I will eventually have to go to a dumping station when I leave. I noticed each station only has a smal hose my rv has a connection to the back table with a regular garden hose to rinse the black tank. So with this small hose I can't do it so how do I clean out the tank really well, is there like an adapter to go from a small hose connection to garden hose?

2016 mini lite 2306
2012 Chevy traverse
I've seen that a few times where the MGHT end was cut off. I made a cheater out of a foot of 5/8" vinyl tubing and a MGHT hose repair end and a couple screw type hose clamps. It has the id to mate with the od of the hose end you are probably referring to. Just slip over the hose end and secure it with the clamp. I haven't had to use it too often, but, when the need arises it does the trick
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:36 AM   #24

I am guessing there is a reason there is no end on there hoses !!!
I only use the hose to flush out our drain hose !!!
Old 06-27-2016, 09:37 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Unless you're the only person at the dump station without a line of others behind you, I'd suggest forgetting doing your tank maintenance such as a through flushing at a state park dump station. Take a 5 gallon bucket or two, drain your tank and dump a few buckets of water down the toilet to flush it out. Its much faster and probably does a much better job. A busy dump station with a line of rigs behind you is not the place to be taking extra time using a tank flusher.

Here in PA a lot of state parks have removed all threaded connections at the dump stations as people using tank flushers, which 5 years or so ago were almost non existent, became a huge problem by tying up the waiting line.
Agree totally. I dump a 5 gallon jug down the toilet just as the black tank is finishing and that cleans it out nicely. I do a total flush and rinse at home. I try to get in/out of the dump station as quickly as I can because I hate waiting too.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:46 AM   #26

If you are going to use the Water at the Dump station "State Park,Holland,Mi" besides a "Water Thief" you will also need a "Umbrella" because the Water fill station with the "Tower with Spring valve on Top" provides a Truck and Trailer "Wash" when trying to fill your F/W tank! Youroo!!
Old 06-27-2016, 11:49 AM   #27

Whatever your into Mr. Havercamp. I have found some real nice full hook up campgrounds in CA. CO. AZ.
To each his own. Happy camping.
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:13 PM   #28
Just A Member

I have one of those Johnny Chocks that hold the toilet valve open for you so you can add water easy to black tank. I also make sure I have plenty of water in my fresh water tank. So after draining black tank I turn on water pump and put chock in toilet to add some water. Usually only flush it once with a couple gallons. Then add a couple more to travel with and add chemicals. I then open grey to clean out my pipes and hose and add a little water to grey tank also. Usually in and out in less than 10 minutes.
2013 Silverado 1500 4x4 6.2L Max Tow
EDABEUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:25 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDABEUT View Post
I have one of those Johnny Chocks that hold the toilet valve open for you so you can add water easy to black tank. I also make sure I have plenty of water in my fresh water tank. So after draining black tank I turn on water pump and put chock in toilet to add some water. Usually only flush it once with a couple gallons. Then add a couple more to travel with and add chemicals. I then open grey to clean out my pipes and hose and add a little water to grey tank also. Usually in and out in less than 10 minutes.
By the name of your town in Mi. you should know what you are talking about! Youroo!!
Old 06-27-2016, 12:30 PM   #30
Just A Member

Exactly !!!!!!

2013 Silverado 1500 4x4 6.2L Max Tow
EDABEUT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water