Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2015, 09:55 AM   #1

Emergency aqua v repair request

HELP!!!!Went to flush the Aqua V this morning and the flush cable broke. At Grand Isle SP in Louisiana. No service center anywhere near here. How difficult is it to change? Thinking of trying to get a heavy wire/twine/fishing line since this is a huge fishing community for a temp fix. Thinking if I can get something connected to the top flush mechanism, I could flush by pulling cable/wire with pliers or such. Any ideas on how to get to where the other end is connected and "very important", how can I empty bowl with flush mechanism disabled? Is there a way to manually turn the ball valve in the bottom of the bowl? I REALIZE THIS COULD BE A $*****TY JOB!!
sdagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:07 AM   #2

I got it working manually. Will have to get new cable when I get home. Steve
Old 02-16-2015, 08:20 AM   #3

Has anyone replaced the cable assembly themselves? Steve
Old 03-21-2015, 09:02 PM   #4

Ordered the cable and replaced myself. Not that hard of a job. This my 1st trip since repair. After 3 flushes the ball valve will not open fully. Kit comes with fixed end to go on flush valve and open end to mount to flush pedal. Comes with 4 collars/sleeves with allen set screws to adjust length. I Got it installed and did several test plushes before re-mounting the toilet and the set collars were slipping so I put an extra collar and tightened for back up. Seemed to work fine. Re-mounted toilet and after a few flushes the collars obviously slid which is preventing the ball/valve from opening all the way when flushing. Puzzled on what to try next.......maybe installing a 3rd and 4th collar or using some type of crimpable band instead of the allen set collars. Any input appreciated. Steve

Tags
repair