Originally Posted by bbcutright
Empty Back Water tank is empty but reads 2/3. I have emptied my black water tank flushed it put some Pine Sol in it w/water and get home and it reads 2/3 full. When I open drain connect/valves shut, it dumps out a gallon of goop I'm not wanting to smell or see all over my driveway! What should I look for and why after emptying it still reads 2/3 full and has stuff left in the drain pipe when I get home? The movie RV comes to mind! Ha Ha (not)
So, assuming you don't want to replace your probes right away, here is how to clean your tanks so the indicators indicate properly.
1) Flush out tank as best you can with turbo-flush or toilet wand. Close your valves and add 1 pint of Unique's RV-DIGEST_IT to the black and gray tanks. Fill the tanks with cool water to the top.
2) Let sit for a minimum of 3 days; 7 is better.
3) Dump and repeat if needed.
To keep tanks clean and probes working as best as you can.
1) Dump and flush tank with internal washer or toilet wand.
2) Add 5 gallons of water to black tank and add 1 capful of CALGON water SOFTENER (not salt!) and 1 capful liquid laundry detergent.
3) ALWAYS add about 30 seconds of flush water with solids and use RV toilet paper.
3) Wait till tank is full (or near full) before repeating above.
You will dump more often, but your black tank will be clean and function properly. As a plus your tanks will never smell.
Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW