Old 08-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #51

I've also heard that bleach will damage the seals in your tank. Not sure about that but it sounds reasonable.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #52
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyJunk View Post
I've also heard that bleach will damage the seals in your tank. Not sure about that but it sounds reasonable.
1 cup to 40 gallon capacity tank? Don't believe that small amount of bleach will hurt anything other than intended bugs & other debris. Not at all sure tanks have seals, pumps & valves maybe, but tank seals?

Old 09-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #53

I read the entire article from the link provided on the first page of this thread about the geo method and it sounds great, but I have one question. The author states w/ a new RV the geo method will not be necassary for 6-12 dumps and the half gallon of bleach he only uses once in awhile. So if I use the orange/blue packs in between would they have any negative chemical reation to bleach? I know they won't to the water softner or detergent, but bleach sometimes has harmful reactions to other chemicals. Does anyone know or have they done it w/o adverse reaction? Thank you!
PBallie1602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBallie1602 View Post
The author states w/ a new RV the geo method will not be necassary for 6-12 dumps and the half gallon of bleach he only uses once in awhile.
1/2 gal is a bit much. I sometimes add about 1/2 cup bleach when my tank reads 2/3 full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBallie1602 View Post
So if I use the orange/blue packs in between would they have any negative chemical reation to bleach? I know they won't to the water softner or detergent, but bleach sometimes has harmful reactions to other chemicals. Does anyone know or have they done it w/o adverse reaction? Thank you!
Somewhere on here I read, I think from Lou (aka Herk), that you should not use any other chemicals if your using the geo method. It wasn't a reaction with the bleach, but with the water softener.

We just got our present TT, new this June. I started right away with geo. When I dump, I add 1 load worth (about 2/3 cup) laundry detergent and 2/3 cup water softner to a 5 gal bucket, mix well and pour into toilette. Last dump before we head home, I add the same mix to the gray.
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:48 AM   #55

We use Odorlos and have never had a smell problem. Great product. Since they started carrying it again, we just get ours at a nearby Camping Wolrd store. Bought online prior to that.

'12 F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 Ecoboost with MaxTow
'12 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRKSS

BradinOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #56

OK yes the half gallon sounds like a lot! 1/2 to 1 cup sounds better. Not sure how bleach could be bad since that is what Forest River tells you to your to sanitize your FW tanks, but I'm a newbie who doesn't know much. Still if anyone has info on using the orange/blue packs then using geo methode is there any chemical reaction? Thanks!

PBallie1602 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black water