Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2016, 05:24 PM   #1

Feeding water to refer/freezer/icemaker

Sooner or later the questions are going to have to fizzle out!!!!

Set up in driveway......2017 36CKTS...... do NOT have water hose hooked up to refer. I need to do that and run some water through ice maker.

BUT.....I can NOT find the supply valve (surely there is one) to feed water to refer/freezer. Emailed salesman and he said:

Yes go out under the unit and its along the frame. It is a white and blue piece of plastic and the white tip should be pulled out to let the water go through the lines.

There is a 'skid plate' all along the underbelly from steps to front.....and I've crawled all under it and can't find anything remotely similar to what he's saying.

Any ideas where it is??????

Thanks.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 05:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Sooner or later the questions are going to have to fizzle out!!!!

Set up in driveway......2017 36CKTS...... do NOT have water hose hooked up to refer. I need to do that and run some water through ice maker.

BUT.....I can NOT find the supply valve (surely there is one) to feed water to refer/freezer. Emailed salesman and he said:

Yes go out under the unit and its along the frame. It is a white and blue piece of plastic and the white tip should be pulled out to let the water go through the lines.

There is a 'skid plate' all along the underbelly from steps to front.....and I've crawled all under it and can't find anything remotely similar to what he's saying.

Any ideas where it is??????

Thanks.
On our new Columbus, the valve to shut off the water to the ice maker is located inside the cabinet immediately to the left of the refrigerator as you face the unit. IIRC - and the 5'er is at the storage lot right now - there is a small piece of plywood in front of the valve. It is a shut-off similar to the shut-off on the by-pass hose on an RV water heater.

But ours is inside - not under - the trailer.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:11 PM   #3

Well, I finally found it. Thanks to other CC owners.

I wasn't even close! I was looking where water is, where low point drains are, etc. But no!

It's way behind the rear wheel! Of course it is.......right under the TV and about 25 feet from any water! Naturally!!!

I had to break away about a half pound of spray on insulation to get to it. And guess what? It was already open! All I had to do was hook up water.

This thing is laughing at me (as I'm sure others are too)............

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 05-30-2016, 08:21 PM   #4

You were lucky mine was off on my 32RL Cedar Creek but I brought mine in the winter

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 08:30 PM   #5

We have a 2016 Sandpiper and we are still looking for ours...2 weeks.
Thomasnobles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:28 AM   #6

[QUOTE=Thomasnobles;1211834]We have a 2016 Sandpiper and we are still looking for ours...2 weeks.[/QUOTE

We have a 2016 Sandpiper 380BH5. On ours, the valve for the ice maker is to the left of the refrigerator, behind the drawers. We have to pull the two bottom drawers completely out of the cabinet to get to the valve. The small diameter ice maker line tees off from the water supply line and the cutoff valve is a "plunger" type valve at the top of the water supply line.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:29 AM   #7

Ice maker water supply on a Berkshire

Different factories do it different ways, I imagine, but my (and other) Berks put the water supply for the ice maker off of the bathroom sink. The problem is that the fridge is on a slide, but the bathroom isn't, so the ice maker line can snag and cut open, as it did on mine.

The kitchen sink is on the same slide as the fridge, so I moved the ice maker supply to the sink cold water line.
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2579202
Toad: 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4; Formerly: 2005 Acura EL (aka Honda Civic)
gordonsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:42 PM   #8

Location of the Water valve to residential fridge

We just purchased a 2016 cross country sports coach 407bh. We can not locate the valve that feeds the fridge with water for the ice maker and the water feature on the front. We called several service numbers and no luck yet Does anyone know where this valve is??
ChereF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 04:23 PM   #9

I know this is old, but I JUST figured it out today. I put water from house to trailer to purge the ice maker of several runs of initial ice, and to make sure it works, etc.

Couldn't get any water to the refrig or icemaker. Turns out the Sales Guy told me wrong, he said to PULL OUT the white knob on the line. Nope. You have to push it in.

To give him credit though, he thought of this (we've been emailing on this ) before I did. I should have........but he thought of it first. I just assumed he KNEW what he was talking about (he has so far!!). Anyway, for all you new 367CKTS guys, go push in that valve to feed water into this line.

FYI

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 07-13-2016, 02:16 PM   #10

No Water to refer, just purchased 2017 Sanibel 3601.

Just purchased 2017 Sanibel 3601. Refer is on a slide,looked under sink but no valve in sight yet. Dealer does not have a clue. Help
Cabmerlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:50 PM   #11

I have looked at some dealer photos of your model. Nice camper. Do you have the drawers to the left of the refer? If so, pull the drawers out of the cabinet and see if the water line is behind the drawers. That is where it was on my 2016 Sandpiper. There should be a "plunger" type valve where the ice maker line Tees into the house plumbing.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:28 AM   #12

Refer Water

Thanks , I did look to the left of Refer behind drawers. I will take the drawers out for a better look.
Cabmerlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 10:42 AM   #13

On my 2017 Columbus the valve is to the left of the fridge as you face it, in a cabinet, but they put a piece of paneling in front of it so that it just looks like the back of the cabinet. The false back pulls out very easily.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:04 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabmerlot View Post
Just purchased 2017 Sanibel 3601. Refer is on a slide,looked under sink but no valve in sight yet. Dealer does not have a clue. Help
Did you ever find a valve on the Sanibel? I just got my 5th wheel last week but after reading the manuals, it says they are not plumbed for it. I'd like to get those to work since I was told they would.

Jenifer
2016 Sanibel 3601
jeni4515 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water