Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2018, 12:27 PM   #1

Filling Freshwater Tank

Hey guys, I know this has probably been asked before, but I do not have an owners manual for my unit and we have never used the Freshwater Tank, my question is, on a 2012 Silverback 29RE how do I fill the tank? I have one hose connection with a blue lever that has positions for city water and gravity feed. Do I just move the lever to gravity feed? We are getting ready to go to a park with no hookups and we really would like to use the tank but I am stuck as to how to fill the darn thing. Help me please.
Gunny7041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 01:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny7041 View Post
Hey guys, I know this has probably been asked before, but I do not have an owners manual for my unit and we have never used the Freshwater Tank, my question is, on a 2012 Silverback 29RE how do I fill the tank? I have one hose connection with a blue lever that has positions for city water and gravity feed. Do I just move the lever to gravity feed? We are getting ready to go to a park with no hookups and we really would like to use the tank but I am stuck as to how to fill the darn thing. Help me please.
switch to gravity feed I'm guessing then hook up a hose on the side of the trailer. I have a separate tank fill just like A GAS FILL ON A CAR.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 01:13 PM   #3

Hi,

On my 2014 Silverback, I don't have a "gravity feed" setting. But it is that position on the valve -- not "city water" that fills the tank and is used for winterizing.

Hope this helps.

Rich Phillips
richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 01:20 PM   #4

Thanks,

I will give that a try and see what happens
Old 08-26-2018, 06:14 PM   #5
Certified Curmudgeon

Gunny,
Search my posts in the Cedar Creek section circa 2012. There you will find descriptions and pictures.
Suggest you sanitize before use. I know them Gyrenes are tough but germs are tougher.
Semper Gumby
Duck
Old 08-27-2018, 07:55 AM   #6

Duck,

I searched through 65 pages under the Cedar Creek section and I could not find what you are referring to. I don't know of a way to narrow the search to your specific posts, any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you wish.

Semper Gumby, Yeah I get it but I am not that flexible anymore, been retired out of the Corps since 98
Old 08-27-2018, 11:32 AM   #7
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Duck,

I searched through 65 pages under the Cedar Creek section and I could not find what you are referring to. I don't know of a way to narrow the search to your specific posts, any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you wish.

Semper Gumby, Yeah I get it but I am not that flexible anymore, been retired out of the Corps since 98
Yes, search user name “duckogram” and keyword “fill”
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post855783

This is a 2015 post on the subject.

Is this the docking station you have?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CEF56B1D-1245-4834-A816-23DEC2262D50.jpeg
Views:	194
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	184540  
Old 08-27-2018, 12:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Yes, search user name “duckogram” and keyword “fill”
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post855783

This is a 2015 post on the subject.

Is this the docking station you have?
not exactly but its close.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:46 PM   #9
Certified Curmudgeon

OK, to fill the FW tank you connect the city water hose and set the valve to gravity.
To sanitize (step 1) you can either put the bleach in the hose or use the winterizing tube in a bucket. To get the bleach in the FW tank via the tube & bucket you connect the outdoor shower to the city water inlet and, with the selector valve in gravity, open the outdoor shower cold valve full then turn the pump on. That will suction the bleach (if you opened the winterizing valve) solution out of the bucket into the plumbing then through the shower valve into the FW tank. EZ Peazy
Old 08-27-2018, 09:01 PM   #10

Quote:

I have a Cedar Creek and I just turn my connection to gravity feed to fill up the fresh water tank. At the beginning of camping season I sanitize the fresh water tank. I use my water hose after I have drained most of the water from the water hose. I hook up the hose to the water source and then I hold the hose up and fill the hose with choline bleach. I then hook up the water hose to the camper and fill the fresh water tank until water comes out the overflow pipe. I then shut off the water and let the water sit in the tank for a few hours. I turn on my water pump and pump water through my system. The. I flush my fresh water tank a few times to remove all the choline bleach. Works for me.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:10 AM   #11

Thank you guys,

It figures that the solution would be "Marine Proof" easy.

Tags
tank, water, water tank