Old 08-22-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
Flagstaff Water Filter

I have a question or questions about the water filter on Flagstaff TT. I have been told that you need to remove the filter cartage if you are not going to use the TT for a couple of weeks, due to fungis growth. True or Flase. 2nd question! Why did they install the water filter over the "electric water pump" and 1 inch futher away than arms length, can this filter be removed and/or relocated. I don't under stand the design of travel trailers

Round Mound of Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
AKA Bluebird
Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
1) Sounds right. I've had crud grow on mine when I once took it out and stored it in a zip-lock.
2) Join the club.

Happy Camping! ///// Richard D.
2006 4x4 Ford 250 SD / 2007 Flagstaff 827 FLS
One very patient wife and one furry child who travels with us. Forty-two years of trailering and camping, and I still have a blast.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:47 PM   #3
Cyber Phrenologist
What I don't understand is why they put mine in a cabinet and then screwed the door shut. I have to get in there to winterize and service the water filter.

I took the 3rd hinge off and replaced it with a magnetic catch. Never did put a knob on it. I store my water filter "wrench" in there so I don't loose it.

If you take your filter out and plan to reuse it, place it in direct sunlight. The UV will kill any fungus type critters. (actually I guess they're plants...)
Admin at, part of the Social Knowledge network.
"RVing and Amateur Radio served up on the same plate"
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:35 PM   #4
Head Rambler
While I don't know which filter you have most of them have anti-microbial content to kill bacteria. I removed mine because I use an external filter to filter all the water coming into the unit. I don't filter the water going into the fresh water tank with the same filter because it removes chlorine. I like having some chlorine in the fresh water because it sits in the tank.
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a 2500 Mega-Cab CTD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:29 PM   #5
The chlorine in modern water systems should take care of the bacteria for a few weeks time period. I use antimicrobial filters as well. The one in our former unit (26ds) was under the bed and a PITA to change because of where it was.

Cedar Creek Steve is offline   Reply With Quote