Old 11-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #1

Fresh Water Drain

So I'm attempting to drain my tanks and I noticed that on my 2012 Coachmen Catalina Deluxe 28DDS I don't have a valve to start the drain on the outside. In this picture you will see far away is my low point drain and closer is my fresh water I take it. The reason I say this is because while filling up with fresh water the dealer stated that the water will come up through the vent. Well as of yet that hasn't happened. Everytime the tank says it is full, water has been coming out of the white hose next to the drain for the fresh water side. If I'm not looking in the right area could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Name:   Low Drains and Fresh Water2.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  49.7 KB

Old 11-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
Lottery Non-Winner

I'm not sure I follow. You mentioned a "white hose next to the drain for the fresh water side", but that white hose isn't shown in the picture. I'm gonna have to guess here: the blue one in the distance is your cold water low point. The one in the foreground is your hot water low point (not to be confused with the water heater drain) because it is really a red line with a different fitting put on the end of it. The white one that is not photographed is the fresh water tank drain.
I am confounded by the "T" in the drain that I have deemed the hot water line.
Note: a tube without a cap or fitting is an overflow vent.

2011 Georgetown 337
2009 HD FLHTCU
2007 HD FXSTC
Ovair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #3

In the picture with the hoses closest to the camera near the plug you will see the white hose I'm talking about. Sorry it was dark out when taking these pictures. With the hoses off in the distance there is a blue hose and a red hose. The red hose you really can't see but it is directly behind the blue hose and these are the low point drains because that is on the side of the TT and you will see both of these hoses and it seems all of these have the same plugs on them. My hot water heater drain is at the back. There isn't any hoses coming out of the back for that.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:55 PM   #4

I know it's been awhile since anything was posted, but did you ever find a solution to your problem?

I just bought a 2012 Catalina Deluxe 29flfb and am having the same problem with the white hose!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by St1tcher View Post
So I'm attempting to drain my tanks and I noticed that on my 2012 Coachmen Catalina Deluxe 28DDS I don't have a valve to start the drain on the outside. In this picture you will see far away is my low point drain and closer is my fresh water I take it. The reason I say this is because while filling up with fresh water the dealer stated that the water will come up through the vent. Well as of yet that hasn't happened. Everytime the tank says it is full, water has been coming out of the white hose next to the drain for the fresh water side. If I'm not looking in the right area could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Attachment 8972
Not sure if our units are the same, but on my 2012 silverback 29rk, my fresh water tank drain is located on the left side behind the rear axle and has a football shaped valve for draining. It only draims the fresh water tank.

My low point drains (2) are on the right side just forward of the entry stairs and each have a 3/4" plug for draining.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
Current River Rat

The white hose you are referring to is most likely the overflow/vent hose from your fresh water tank. They are starting to either leave this hose off completely or as in your photo just put a short hose on the vent and hang it down. The others are probably as previously stated your cold and hot low point drains. If you completely fill your fresh water tank and water comes out of the white hose - that answers that question. My new Grey Wolf TT, along with several other folks on here, only had an elbow in the tank for a vent. No hose up to the fill panel. Hope you get it figured out.