Old 01-19-2016, 01:25 PM   #1

Fresh Water Drain

This is a 2014 Sunseeker. I have two drain pipes to drain my fresh water storage. One pipe has a screw cap and the other does not. When I filled my fresh water storage tank, water drains from the pipe without the screw cap. Is there a valve that I need to turn?

Old 01-19-2016, 06:22 PM   #2

The one with a cap is the actual drain. The one without the cap is most likely the fresh water tank overflow. If you completely fill the tank with a water hose so there is pressure going into the tank (assuming you have a water hose type connection for your fresh tank fill) water will come out the "overflow" when the tank is full.

This is my easy way to tell when my 64 gallon fresh tank is full without having to go look at the inside indicator.

Troy, NC
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:25 PM   #3

Well, the one without a screw cap could be the fresh water tank drain. Those often have a 90 degree valve located right near the tank - look in the compartment with your water pump, antifreeze line etc. or follow the drain pipe straight up into wherever it goes inside and that's where the valve will be.

There should be a red and a blue low point drain line for the hot and cold water lines and those usually have screw caps or pull-open caps.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:30 AM   #4

^^^^^^ Been in the same situation, MNtraveler's got it right. :-)

LTRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 02:51 PM   #5

Unhappy The giant puzzle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hduncan View Post
This is a 2014 Sunseeker. I have two drain pipes to drain my fresh water storage. One pipe has a screw cap and the other does not. When I filled my fresh water storage tank, water drains from the pipe without the screw cap. Is there a valve that I need to turn?
I have the same problem. Purchased an 07 Rockwood Ultra light, used, from a local dealer and have searched hi and low for the low point drain VALVES. I can find the drain pipes. One red one blue, but no caps and no valves. I have looked in every nook and cranny with no luck. I have gotten advice from numerous forum members about their valves are but mine are not there. Not under a sink, a bathtub or in any closet. Not in the closets or cabinets. Not behind the refrigerator. The only thing I have not figured out yet is the mass of hoses behind the water heater. I figured out the water heater winter bypass but there are others. I talked to the dealer and they could not tell me where they are located. I can imagine the conversation at the factory on a Monday morning: "Well Bob where do you want to but the drain valves this week? Oh, I don't know Jim. Last week we put them behind the couch, maybe this week we can put them under the bath tub. You know, make the day go faster." Even my son in law's trailer, which is almost the same as mine, has them where they can be found, but not where mine are. Maybe mine is a magic trailer with auto operating drain valves.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:53 PM   #6

deleted
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 11:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilby05 View Post
I have the same problem. Purchased an 07 Rockwood Ultra light, used, from a local dealer and have searched hi and low for the low point drain VALVES. I can find the drain pipes. One red one blue, but no caps and no valves. I have looked in every nook and cranny with no luck. I have gotten advice from numerous forum members about their valves are but mine are not there. Not under a sink, a bathtub or in any closet. Not in the closets or cabinets. Not behind the refrigerator. The only thing I have not figured out yet is the mass of hoses behind the water heater. I figured out the water heater winter bypass but there are others. I talked to the dealer and they could not tell me where they are located. I can imagine the conversation at the factory on a Monday morning: "Well Bob where do you want to but the drain valves this week? Oh, I don't know Jim. Last week we put them behind the couch, maybe this week we can put them under the bath tub. You know, make the day go faster." Even my son in law's trailer, which is almost the same as mine, has them where they can be found, but not where mine are. Maybe mine is a magic trailer with auto operating drain valves.
This is an unacceptable condition, especially on the dealer's part. Given your thorough look, I hesitate to ask if you have considered that the valves might be covered with spray foam? Most people find these red and blue lines have caps or valve of some type right on the end. If they are inside, they could be insulated or spray foamed in somewhere. In theory, they should be directly above the lines you see coming out the bottom. Nasty that they are so hidden!
Old 01-31-2016, 01:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hduncan View Post
Please when posting, it's better to indicate which specific model you have. There are 15 different ones on 3 different chassis and each may be different. Also, if you find it, please post so it other will know in the future. T.oo many topics are left hanging!
Did you find it?
Old 01-31-2016, 04:22 PM   #9

Got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
Please when posting, it's better to indicate which specific model you have. There are 15 different ones on 3 different chassis and each may be different. Also, if you find it, please post so it other will know in the future. T.oo many topics are left hanging!
Did you find it?
You bet! Mine is a 2007 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2304 S. And I'll be sure to post the location of the valves when I find them, even if it is embarrassingly obvious. I think it's a matter of discipline, starting with the manufacturer, to the dealer and ultimately to the ownership/community. And I won't even start on a critique of the owners manual. I am sure I will find the valves tomorrow when I hook up at the RV park. If I have wi-fi, the forum will hear from me. Cheers bill b.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:18 PM   #10

Thanks Bilby05. What about the OP, all he's state is it's a 2014 sunseeker on this topic, but back in the spring he says its a 2015.. There are 23 models of it and some are more difficult to locate than others. No one should be embarassed about not knowing where the drain is, as it could be overlooked during the PDI. Many have had problems locating it with the 2400S model. So many OP's put up a thread/question and never respond with a thanks that's it.

Tags
drain, fresh water, water