Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2019, 08:48 AM   #1

Fresh Water Drain Spigot

My fresh water spigot tiny "handle" twisted off. I can open and close with pliers so I not completely stuck. I want to remove the whole drain spigot but not sure what is involved. My tt is a 2017 Flagstaff 832 IKBS. Seems if read there's a spigot that's really easy to install and really drains quickly vice barely peeing a little stream. Click image for larger version

Name:	20191004_181856.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	216636
Old 10-05-2019, 08:57 AM   #2

I revamped that exact same style on my old and my son's new Jayco. I drilled out the rivets, (those could be screws also) took the plastic cover off, bought a shutoff valve like you'd see in your house for your sink or toilet, found a barbed fitting that screwed into the back of the valve and mounted it to plastic cover. I reinstalled tube on the barb fitting and put it back together. I did that on my old Jayco in 2008 and in 2017 when we sold it, it still worked perfectly. Son's on two years with his and zero issues.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:16 AM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

As mentioned, you can replace that drain valve.

You can also remove the broken piece that turns by using pliers and being careful.
I've replaced just the barrel (with the handle) by pushing up on the bottom of the valve (where the water comes out) with one side of the pliers and gripping the lip (near where the handle was) with the other side of the pliers, pushing it up and out of the housing. It is just a slip fit in the housing.

You can remove the new one in the same manner and install it in the original housing if so desired. Only suggesting if you are somewhere without a drill to remove the rivets or lack the time to replace the entire valve.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 11:22 AM   #4

I did know you could push the old valve out. I will try that one and if I screw it up I can replace it like #2 did. Would be helpful if #2 could post a pic on the revamping process.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:02 PM   #5

I meant to say I "didn't" know. Thanks for the info.........

Tags
drain, fresh water, water