Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #1

Fresh water fill on 2014 wildwood xlite

Have a question that no one has answer to, I bet someone here knows the answer.. Just bought a new camper' noticed that both city water connection and fresh water connection have the same exact filling connection, well that's all good until after I fill the fresh water at filling station and get in my spot and run out of water, I can't carry a jug to fill with water, I can't add water to the fresh water fill with the check valve in it, there has to be a way to do it, but even the place I bought it said there were no way to do it but hook water hose up to faucet and fill it, any idea,s PLEASE !!!!
davel3083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by davel3083 View Post
Have a question that no one has answer to, I bet someone here knows the answer.. Just bought a new camper' noticed that both city water connection and fresh water connection have the same exact filling connection, well that's all good until after I fill the fresh water at filling station and get in my spot and run out of water, I can't carry a jug to fill with water, I can't add water to the fresh water fill with the check valve in it, there has to be a way to do it, but even the place I bought it said there were no way to do it but hook water hose up to faucet and fill it, any idea,s PLEASE !!!!
I have the same 'style' of 'hose attachment' at my Fresh water fill. What 'I' did was to buy a new water pump as the same one as on my unit. I can use it as a replacement if need be. I mounted it on a board for stability and added on/off toggle to the wiring. I have an old heavy duty extension cord ( 20 feet) that I cut the ends off and I hard wired into the toggle, and on the other end put two alligator clips. I clip the alligator 'hot' to the fuse under the tongue and the negative to the frame. I bought a 3foot 'garden' hose from wallyworld for the pump to unit and a three foot clear hose for the intake. I have two 'blue' water cans (7gallons) that I fill and take to the camper to fill camper. My water pump and hoses and cords all fit in the same 'tool' bag and are stowed for when needed.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, fresh water, water, wildwood