Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2014, 11:07 PM   #1
Lon

fresh water inlet

Where is the fresh water inlet for the on board storage tanks on the Rockwell 2304 mini lite camper 2014 model and what position should the valve be in to fill the storage tanks?
Lon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:34 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

It'll be on the left side of the camper.
There will be no "valve" it'll be a cap and a hole you stick your hose in.
You'll only have one tank to fill.
Did your dealer not show you this?
Did you not have a pdi?

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:57 AM   #3

Turbs you (May) be correct But that is a Large brush Stroke. I have seen F/W inlets on the (Left,Right,and Rear! The large percentage is indeed on the Left side! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:59 AM   #4

It's a little different from mine. From the pictures I've been able to see (for some reason nobody ever takes pics of the back side of a camper) it appears to be directly under your furnace vents just in front of your wheels. Lower than I'm used to seeing them...almost at the bottom of the camper wall. It's probably just slightly higher than the top of the tank.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:14 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Looks like right next to the furnace outlet.

Turbs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1413465258555.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	64829  
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:33 AM   #6

That's a better pic than the one I found. Everythings the same except that the water inlet was UNDER the furnace vents. I'm beginning to think that the location of some things depends entirely on who drilled the holes that day. I've seen units just like mine (same year) with variations on different things.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:59 PM   #7
Lon

fresh water fill post

Thanks Turbs, youroo and raspivey. Yes I'm sure my dealer showed me but I am a total novice and we covered a lot of ground in that hour. I drove from Little Rock to Albany to see Niagra and get the camper 5k cheaper than in my home state. The local dealers are not that happy with me and when I call for a question I'm told "when it breaks down don't bring it here for warrantee work." much less answer a stupid question. Unfortunately the dealer did not have a manual for this unit so I accessed this site and watched all the videos which added to my confusion. I thought the port you have kindly pointed out was the drain for the sink they talk about in the on line information. I have two hose screw on ports in the back, one for pressurized city water and the other has a sticker that says something about winterizing with antifreeze. I have one valve in the outside compartment in the rear near the water filter and three in the hot water compartment. I have been turning valves and screwing on hoses like mad and have tried every combination and permutation of hose ports and valve positions possible but the little light on the control panel still says the tank is "empty." Now that I have carpal tunnel syndrome I am elated to find out I can just squirt water down the funnel I thought was the sink drain. I've taken four trips so far and I love this little unit with all the perfectly functioning systems despite my inept and inadequate operation. Unfortunately my wife still prefers the Marriott hotel. That may have something to do with the severe lack of onboard water on our recent trips. Sponge bathing with the water out of a 4 ounce bottle just isn't her thing. Thanks a million for your help. I'm sure I'll have lots more questions as time goes on like how do you get the murphy bed back up after you get it down. It is now convenient for quick roadside naps. Take care.
Lon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:17 PM   #8

Lon,
You may be in for some more hard times. The valves you turned all change water flows. The one at the pump will either allow water to be drawn from the holding tank or draw from the winterizing port. If you left that in the wrong setting you still won't get any water from that tank. The three on the water heater are also for winterizing. You need to research some threads that explain the operation of those valves. In the wrong configuration with the water heater turned on could cause some damage.

Sound like you may need someone to show you the operations of the camper again and maybe try to video it this time.
2017 Ford F350 Crewcab Dually Diesel
Officially homeless and loving it.
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Indymule is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, water