Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2015, 11:52 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
A

This would be true in a "normal" situation but when the grey is full, just before it comes up through the shower drain, you will get the grey tank stink odor in the trailer.
crunchman

Edit: We need to isolate if the water smells and taste bad "before" it gets into the trailer. If the water is fine before the city inlet, we can narrow down the taste or smell issues inside.
if you wait till the tanks is full full and pushes tanks gasses through the p-trap then their filling to full and not keeping an eye on the tanks . still a full tank should vent out the stack and not up through the p-trap but 30 yrs as a plumber tells me anything can happen
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 12:18 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtool2 View Post
Both the Pur and Britta are nice filters. I like the two quart pitcher that the Britta filters into. As I drink a glass of water I filter another glass so the pitcher stays full. Never have to touch the filter till you change it every few months, or 300 bottles of water. That's a lot of water for one person and one dog!

Jim
To maximize the effectiveness of the Brita pitcher type filters I remove the filter and store it in a zip lock bag in the freezer at home in between trips. Leaving it in a hot camper for weeks in between trips may cause stuff to grow in it.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 12:46 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
To maximize the effectiveness of the Brita pitcher type filters I remove the filter and store it in a zip lock bag in the freezer at home in between trips. Leaving it in a hot camper for weeks in between trips may cause stuff to grow in it.
I bring it into the house and use it between trips. You are right, made that mistake once. Had a green mold growing in the bottom of the pitcher. I tossed that filter and cleaned the pitcher and that's when I decided I could use it inside.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, water