Old 06-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #11
MovinSue

This is "sorta" related:

My FW tank swallowed the 7" end plastic hose from my FW Fill hose accessory. The fill tank accessory is a little add-on piece that screws onto your fresh water hose--has a switch to start/stop water flow into the tank and guides water into the tank--about $4 at CW. The clear plastic hose piece recently came apart from the rigid plastic "business" end. I cannot see it or reach it with my fingers so it's either lodged somewhere in the neck or dropped down into the tank.

Anyone have any experience with this; will the hose provide a breeding ground for growth of undesirables or get in the way of any working parts? Does it require intervention or is it a non-problem?

2013 Lacrosse 323RST TT
Towing Cassie the Dog, a privileged Bichon frise

Winters in FL--Summers in Northern CA
MovinSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovinSue View Post
This is "sorta" related:

Anyone have any experience with this; will the hose provide a breeding ground for growth of undesirables or get in the way of any working parts? Does it require intervention or is it a non-problem?
If it's just a small hollow tube I wouldn't think it would cause much trouble in the fresh tank. It shouldn't clog anything, and when you sanitize the tank it would be sanitized as well.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #13
MovinSue

Thanks for your opinion. I suspect it will not create havoc and bedlam but always like to have another great mind weigh in. Nothing like this ever happened to my equipment before and I have never read of it in other Forums--so it is reassuring when other experienced RV'ers think it will not be a problem.

2013 Lacrosse 323RST TT
Towing Cassie the Dog, a privileged Bichon frise

Winters in FL--Summers in Northern CA
MovinSue is offline   Reply With Quote