Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #1

Fresh water tank

I have a brand new 2014 cherokee 274dbh and I can't get water into the fresh water connection. I filled it once a few weeks ago, drained it after my trip and haven't used the fresh water tank since. I have always had city water connections at the the camp sites. I decided that I needed to do a sanitize of my fresh water tank. I made a bleach/ water mixture and was trying to funnel the water into the fresh water tank but it all just came back out. I thought that maybe a hose would do it but no luck. I thought is was weird that you just push the hose in it and it fills. Maybe I am missing a connection or something.maybe it Needs more pressure. Is the tank cap too tight and there is back pressure? Maybe the rv needs to be at a certain level. I need to go dry camping at a state park in a few weeks and I would like to have some water!HELP!
Travelqueen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:47 AM   #2

I don't have a solution, but we are on our fourth RV and it should be easy to put water into the fresh tank. It should go in either by pouring it in or with a hose. It sounds like you have an obstruction in the filler line.
rburns4147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:21 AM   #3

I had a similar problem and after removing an access panel inside the camper and looking I had discovered during assembly they had ran the fill hose up and over the wheel well which makes trying to fill an uphill battle. I disconnected and ran on the floor and up to the connection. Have not had anymore problems. Likely your problem also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:24 AM   #4

If your connection is an attachment where you screw your hose on, then it won't gravity fill, there's a spring loaded check valve that requires pressure to open. Take your spec bleach amount, pour that into an empty hose then connect it. Water pressure from the spigot will push the bleach in for you.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank