Old 07-06-2016, 10:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnslayer View Post
Anybody else have issues with their "quoted" fresh water capacity? Brochure says my Vibe should have 44 gal capacity! Tank only holds 25 gal, they claim the water heater, and all the water lines add up to that capacity? But your still only have 25 gal available to use!
Who is They and They is BSing you . you will have a stated fresh water tank size be it 24 ,44 ,54 ,100. then you will also have a stated H/W/H tank size 6 or 10 gallon separate from fresh water capacity . They do not include what is carried in the water lines so They is feeding you a line
go to the web site for the dealer and the manfucture and check on the size of tank it lists and all other specs for that TT if they are not keeping up to their own specs then it's mis-representation .

Old 07-06-2016, 11:51 PM   #12

Northstar1960: I agree with you. Brought the issue up with my dealer, he put me in contact with a factory Vibe (Forest River) rep. The rep then put me in touch with a factory warranty rep who gave me that line of BS and said all Vibe 268's have same size tank!

Old 07-07-2016, 09:25 AM   #13
Head Rambler

I think the best way to handle it would be to try and get the numbers off the tank and go about it that way. I'd at least try to get measurements of the tank. That way you could verify the actual size of the tank.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:43 AM   #14

Look for a post by Wingdreamer on 9/25/15. Same issue, but different info given to him by FR.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:15 AM   #15

Is the ground level where you fill the tank? I park my camper in my yard where there's a small slope. The back side with the water fill is about 3 to 4 inches lower than the front side. If I fill it up there while unlevelled I can only fill it up about three quarters. Once I realized that, I started topping it off on the street as I'm ready to pull away.
aufinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:45 PM   #16

I have seen RVs were they include the water heater capacity. I would also think that the brochure mentioned above has a statement that reads something like " subject to change" and that would include water tank capacity.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:44 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
I have seen RVs were they include the water heater capacity. I would also think that the brochure mentioned above has a statement that reads something like " subject to change" and that would include water tank capacity.
Then that has to be listed that way in the specs . that subject to change is a bunch of BS they can not sale based on certain specs and after a deal say subject to change . sure that phrase is used but not enforceable and not legal . if in the spec sheet it says 50 gallon fresh water capacity 6 of which is the hot water heater then ok . if it says 50 gallon fresh water capacity , then down the line lists a separate 6 gallon h/w/h with it's separate capacity . then no they can not say subject to change. that brings us back to mis representation
Old 07-08-2016, 11:05 AM   #18

If your air gap is not clear,,, maybe has water in it,, it will not allow to fill the tank,,, it may look full but may not be ??? I use a small hose to blow air in the vent,,, if it has water in it,,, it will spit back at you,,, and then you can slowly fill it !!! Also the screen must be clean,,, that is if you have a gravity fill ???
Old 07-11-2016, 04:49 PM   #19

"All specifications herein are based on the latest product information at the time of printing. Forest River reserves the right to make changes in colors, materials, equipment and specifications at any time without notice and assumes no responsibility for any errors in this brochure."
This is how my Wildcat brochure states it.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:40 PM   #20

That's their catch all! It's one thing to go from 44 gal to 42 or even 40 BUT NOT down to 28gal!

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank