Old 06-15-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
Fresh water tank filling up while connected to city water

I experienced what I believe is a problem with my water pump while camping this weekend and connected to city water I noticed water leaking out of my fresh water fill vent….After some research it sounds like the check valve in the water pump is not working correctly….So I turned off the city water and just used the water that was in the fresh water tank I turned the water pump on and all seemed to be ok…After exhausting the fresh water tank I tried turning on the city water again and the same thing happen.

I also noticed when I looked at the water pump it had leaked a few drops of water on the floor where it is mounted. I called my local dealer to schedule a time to take it in to get checked out not going to be until July 29th is the first open appointment…..If I do go camping before then can I just use the water pump and the water supply in the fresh water tank ? Or am I risking the pump to completely fail ?

I turned off the electric heating element for the hot water heater and just have used propane to heat the water I was concerned if the fresh water tank ran dry that the water heater wouldn’t get filled and burn out the element is this a valid concern ? Would the dealer just replace the water pump or fix the old one ? Any input is appreciated.

2015 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD,CC,SB,4x4

2016 Rockwood 2703 Emerald Edition
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:19 PM   #2
I experienced the same P.I.A. problem.

What I did, was put some water in the fresh water tank, disconnect my city water hook up and used the pump for half a day. Leaving the water pump on, I then hooked up the city water supply. End of problem. Turned the water pump off the next day and problem has not re-occurred. If it does, I would just repeat the process.

I am not anxious to give the dealers/service dept any more cash.
collinpr is offline   Reply With Quote

fresh water, tank, water, water tank