Old 07-13-2014, 02:14 PM   #1
fresh water tank problem

We got our 1st rv Thursday 2003 Sunseeker 2890ds.11000 miles an older couple had it and never used it.Where is the fresh water tank located also the tank monitor shows one third full but when i try to fill it the water runs out the overflow.I emptied the fresh water tank out and it read empty on the monitor but i put the hose on it it started filling and then at one third water started out the overflow.Is it the vent or too much water pressure or what.

gdugano339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:23 PM   #2
I can't speak to your particular model, but I had one RV that I could only use very little water pressure to fill the fresh water tank or it would explode back at me, like you are describing.

Mark B
2015 32 Foot Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2013 Chevy 3/4 Ton TV
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:13 PM   #3
The vent may be plugged or kinked, causing it to blow back when the tank becomes pressurized. If the vent is working okay you shouldn't get blow back when filling with a normal hose on a residential system until it's full.

Can you see the tank and verify that it's actually only partially full? The level sensors or convenience panel lights may not be working correctly. On our 3100 the fresh water tank is under the bed, accessible by lifting the bottom of the underbed storage compartment. I don't know how to access it on your model.

PS Be sure to sanitize the tank and the entire water system (except the water heater) before you use the tank. Keep the water heater on bypass so the bleach doesn't get into the water heater. I'd flush out the water heater separately, too, just to be conservative. There's no telling when it was last flushed, if ever. Minerals and other stuff builds up in it.
RamblerGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:49 PM   #4
found something

thank you ramblerguy the tank is under the bed i will check the vent tomoorow.where the water came is a line going to the tank with a valve on it and the valve is open so i will start with that
gdugano339 is offline   Reply With Quote

fresh water, tank, water, water tank