Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2016, 09:30 PM   #1

Freshwater tank

I had to drop the cove under the 5th wheel for a oil leak in the lines for the rear slides. I noticed the bottom of the freshwater tank is bowed down about 3 inches . Is the tank made like that or is it from the weight of the water? I was thinking of fitting a piece of plywood under it to keep it flat . there is probably about 5 to 10 gallons of water in there .
Old 07-11-2016, 01:25 PM   #2
Site Team

That's a pretty common complaint around here. The tank is manufactured flat on all sides, but it's pretty thin and therefore bows under the weight of the water. Since it's only supported on the sides the bottom bows pretty significantly. Supporting it better won't hurt anything and may save it from falling out, which is another complaint.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:09 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I just finished putting 2 pieces of 1/2 plywood under the tank. I had a lot of water come out of the drain which has been open for 2 weeks since our last trip. Leaving tuesday for 7 days.

Tags
tank, water, water tank