Old 09-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #11

TexasBBQ

Interesting question. I've assumed up to this point that there is a storage tank but after thinking it through I honestly can't say for certain there is! We haven't really used the kitchen sink that much so it could be accumulating in the pipes and just running out once I open them up. I assume if that's the case, the waste water would have to be back feeding and equalizing into the black tank that it's plumbed into. I'd like to think someone got in a hurry and simply forgot the valve but at this point I can honestly say that it wouldn't surprise me if they forgot the whole tank too!

What I meant to convey was the fact that I can see a drain pipe coming from beneath the kitchen sink area. It actually runs above the bottom covering material for about 4 or 5 feet before coming through so I can see it. It continues another 4 feet and then street elbows into the main sewer line, just before the discharge hookup. There is no valve to shut it down all they way to the sewer "main".

This is all going to resolve itself but I was floored that there was such an issue to start with and then to have the manufacturer say they wouldn't fix it...... wow!!!

Old 09-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #12

most units with the galley tank have a seperate shut off near the tank so as to not fill the 15 or so feet of pipe.
It wouldn't be the first blunder a TT manufacturer has made.

The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #13
Dallas Texas

I've heard that some QBUDs have two dump locations. I find that strange but maybe it's true. I'm assuming you've checked. Anyway, good luck. Keep us posted.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #14

Yep, that's correct, 2 locations. One up front of unit and another about 8 feet from the rear. This galley discharge line is right in the middle of both but plumbed to the front sewer discharge.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #15

Ok, long time in resolving this. Turns out there IS another valve. It was installed in the structural beam itself. The repair tech even said it took him a while to find it. Very small grab handle that is almost impossible to see but it is there. Thank goodness it was stuck open and didn't back up!
Old 10-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #16

This is going to sound like a really stupid question but something that may have been overlooked. You say it has 2 black tanks, 2 grey tanks and a galley tank. Is it possible that the tank you are thinking is the "galley" tank is actually your fresh water tank? The reason I am asking this is that you can see the drain from your sink pulmbed in to the 4" line which if you follow it, it must go to one of the 2 grey tanks. From the other thing you mentioned the tech did find a handle and it was open, if it is still open, try filling up your fresh water tank and see if the water starts running out right away. If it does, close the valve and note that is where your drain valve is for the frsh water tank. The other thing that woud be a good way to identify it is that your waste tanks would be black plastic, while your fresh water tank would be white and somewhat transparent.

Hope this helps solve some of the mystery.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #17

I understand your reasoning but the fresh water tank has a drain located at the front of the unit. Totally seperate. I'm sure this was coming from the galley because my wife is new to camping like me and she forgot there wasn't a disposal under the sink. Needless to say the "plate scraps" came rushing by when I opened the drain!