Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2018, 10:56 AM   #1
KK2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 4
Galley tank never fills

I own a 2015 forest river flagstaff classic super lite 8528IKWS 5th wheel with a galley tank. I have no outside kitchen or clothes washer and the galley tank never fills. What or how can this tank be used?
__________________

KK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:07 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: payson, az
Posts: 2,205
we had a similar situation. there is a tank labelled 'galley' in the monitoring panel that never filled. we do have a washer / dryer prep but do not have the appliances installed. the specs for the trailer say 80 gals grey water. it turns out there are two 40 gal tanks. one if for shower, bathroom sink, and kitchen sink and the other is dedicated to the washer drain. so that 40 gallons is completely unable. now luckily all three tanks (black and two grey) drain through a common sewer outlet. they each have their own open / close valve. we bought an external waste valve from valterra that you twist onto the sewer outlet. you can close this valve and open the two tank drain valves for the two grey tanks and this will allow your grey waste to also flow into the washer tank via the drain plumbing. to drain, close the two grey tank valves and open the external valve to drain out what is in the drain pipes. then do the black tank followed by grey tanks as normal. this only works if the two grey tanks are connected to a common sewer outlet.
__________________

__________________
2015 cardinal model 3825fl
2015 dodge ram 3500 dually
CHICKDOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:17 AM   #3
KK2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 4
Thanks. My 5th wheel has 2 sewer outlets. 1 for a grey and the black and the other is just for the galley tank.
KK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:34 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
rattleNsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Western Connecticut
Posts: 1,587
My 2010 Cedar Creek 5 er' also has 2 grey tanks. One is for the installed washer\dryer bath sink and shower, the other is dedicated kitchen sink. Next time your on full hookups, try closing both grey valves and turning on your galley faucet. Watch your monitors to see what fills.
Mike
__________________
2010 Cedar Creek 5th Wheel 34SATS "The Beast"
2006 Ford F350 Lariat 6.0L Diesel
2003 Harley Heritage Softail "Hogzilla"
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:56 AM   #5
KK2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 4
Thanks.. problem solved..
KK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:59 AM   #6
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 12,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK2 View Post
Thanks.. problem solved..
Do you mind telling us HOW the problem was solved? Your answer MAY help others with the same issue and WILL give honor to those who took the time to participate. Thanks.
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 86; booked = 0
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:43 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Telstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: La Mirada, CA
Posts: 473
I think we are all waiting for your findings.
__________________
Gary and Donna
2005 Cardinal 33TS-LX
Trail Air pin box
Center Point suspension
2018 Ram Laramie 3500 6'4" box 2WD
Demco AutoSlide 18k
Telstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:12 PM   #8
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 19,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattleNsmoke View Post
Next time your on full hookups, try closing both grey valves and turning on your galley faucet. Watch your monitors to see what fills.
Mike
I had to map out my tanks to pull-handles and had to expirment like Mike mentioned.

I first emptied all of the tanks.

I then ran 5 minutes of water at one fixture (sink, toilet, clothing washer, shower) and then 1-by-1 pulled handles until I had water come out.

When I was done with that one, I moved onto the next.

I repeated until I was able to map everything out. Took a little bit of time, but in my case- I was able to identify an issue with where my washer/dryer drained to.
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:51 PM   #9
KK2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 4
I did exactly what ependydad did. I had to empty all of the tanks, drain them all and ran water in each tank, one by one. I figure that my original problem was me and I didn't run enough water from the kitchen to register on the galley tank guage. Thanks for all the help.
KK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 05:32 PM   #10
Bene Gesserit Rule
 
Murbella7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
we had a similar situation. there is a tank labelled 'galley' in the monitoring panel that never filled. we do have a washer / dryer prep but do not have the appliances installed. the specs for the trailer say 80 gals grey water. it turns out there are two 40 gal tanks. one if for shower, bathroom sink, and kitchen sink and the other is dedicated to the washer drain. so that 40 gallons is completely unable. now luckily all three tanks (black and two grey) drain through a common sewer outlet. they each have their own open / close valve. we bought an external waste valve from valterra that you twist onto the sewer outlet. you can close this valve and open the two tank drain valves for the two grey tanks and this will allow your grey waste to also flow into the washer tank via the drain plumbing. to drain, close the two grey tank valves and open the external valve to drain out what is in the drain pipes. then do the black tank followed by grey tanks as normal. this only works if the two grey tanks are connected to a common sewer outlet.
Simple but ingenious use of the laws of physics - 'Water finds its own level'.
Turns out in the end to be not necessary. But still, it now resides in that great repository of good ideas.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 12:20 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 475
27rkss, unknown capacity of galley tank, the tank is not listed on brochure or owners manual, but I've drained so I know it's there - any one have this specification?
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:16 AM   #12
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Posts: 3,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by myxkp View Post
27rkss, unknown capacity of galley tank, the tank is not listed on brochure or owners manual, but I've drained so I know it's there - any one have this specification?
Call Forest River with your Vin# handy and they can tell you.
__________________

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tank

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.


×