Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2018, 08:47 PM   #1

Galley tank question

Hey guys total noob here so take it easy on me.
I just picked up my first travel trailer,brand new wildwood xlite 263bhxl.
I have three pull valves for three tanks,kitchen leads to a tank,washroom to another and the toilet to the last tank.
All tanks are empty as it is brand new,can confirm this on the control panel and knocking on the tanks if that counts.
Fresh water tank is also empty.
On the control panel i have batt,fresh,grey,black,galley.
Now when i push the button for galley on the control panel it reads 2/3 full...
Am i missing a valve somewhere,does my new trailer have a faulty tank sensor or im possibly not understanding something?
Im reading everywhere the washroom should be grey water and the kitchen galley,some say opposite but either way All of my tanks read empty except galley.
Thanks
Alexx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:50 PM   #2

Many sensors are almost useless. Once wet they read almost full forever. Most folks learn to ignore them.

But.......pull the dump valves and see what comes out.........

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:54 PM   #3

It may have water in it. Have you tried to crack open either of the grey tanks? Never know what the did during PDI. Should just be water and pink antifreeze. Could also be malfunctioning tank sensor. Yes. You can tap on the tank, but I assume the under belly has a cover on it.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:55 PM   #4

if its brand new and the you know for a fact the black tank is clean open everything up. Fill your fresh tank and then play with the toilet and all the faucets to see what goes to what tank. You may be shocked at how full your shower tank fills vs the other. If you really want to over think it then close it up and get a 5 gallon bucket and check your capacities for each.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:12 PM   #5

All 3 dump valves were opened and fresh water tank valve opened as well,many times now.
Ive gone under the trailer and can confirm the kitchen is one tank,shower and sink are another and the toilet is the last tank.fresh water tank is obviously its own tank.
No plates or covers under the trailer so i can bang on the tanks freely,confident there empty.
Alexx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:43 PM   #6

Sounds like the sensor It should be a warranty issue to take up with the dealer. As mentioned above by BandJCarm, they many times are unreliable.
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank