Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2014, 07:18 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 27
General plumbing ? Newbie Alert !

I have two capped off, I guess drains located under our 832IKBS the on the left side under the camper, just aft of the city water connection. Could someone let me know what these are? I am sure they told me when we picked up the camper but I have forgot and I have a slow drip from them. Anyway, " Newbie Alert" sorry. Chris.
__________________

__________________
Bluesman731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:32 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,027
Low point drains. Youroo!!
__________________

__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:51 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
cpaulsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brookings
Posts: 502
Yep.....low point drains. I took the caps off of min and installed a couple of 1/2" bal; valves.....made it easier to drain.
__________________
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:54 AM   #4
"On the road again"
 
rjshiflet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Parker County Texas
Posts: 683
Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaulsen View Post
Yep.....low point drains. I took the caps off of min and installed a couple of 1/2" bal; valves.....made it easier to drain.
Ditto - on the ball valves.
__________________

Robert & Estha Shiflet
'17 Cardinal 3456RL - '17 Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate - DRW w/B&W OEM Companion hitch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015 & 2016: 587 ~ Nights Camping 2017: 125
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:13 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
I would be some what leery wrapping a plastic housing with an electric heater.

A couple of disposable baby diapers and some tape will provide very good insulation.
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:33 AM   #6
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 6,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I would be some what leery wrapping a plastic housing with an electric heater.

A couple of disposable baby diapers and some tape will provide very good insulation.

Say what?

__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:41 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Say what?

What?
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:48 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 2,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
What?
What you posted should be in another thread. That makes no sense here.
__________________
Evereddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:58 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
What you posted should be in another thread. That makes no sense here.
I see that now, my reply was for a thread about cold weather camping which I do not see now..

Not the first time it has happened.

Software glitch.

A Mod can delete it to cleanup the mess.

My apologies to OP.
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I see that now, my reply was for a thread about cold weather camping which I do not see now..

Not the first time it has happened.

Software glitch.

A Mod can delete it to cleanup the mess.

My apologies to OP.
Also this Morn.a Mod posted a reply about Air bags that suddenly Disappeared? Maybe a (Full Moon)? Youroo!!
__________________

__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
newbie, plumbing

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.