Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2016, 04:10 PM   #1
Georgetown 30X3 Owner

Georgetown GT3 Fresh Water drain

We just purchased a 2017 GT3 (love it) they did not show me or explain how to dump the fresh water tank. I am a long time Damon owner and for the life of me cannot find out how to drain the fresh water tank in the 2017 GT3. Anyone know where the drain is located?
DennyBevBarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:23 PM   #2
Georgetown 30X3 Owner

Thumbs up GT3 Water Tank Drain

Read another post and crawled under the coach and found two drain tubes with threaded caps. Opened one at a time and low and behold the second was the water tank drain. I find it hard to believe that you have to crawl on your back open a drain above your head and be able to crawl back out without getting drenched. This is a basic design flaw #1

Coach has a flip up counter top extension, behind this extension is the 110volt electrical outlet. Can only use this outlet if the extension is up. Design flaw #2.

Like all RVs the manuals suck purple lemons. A photo copy of a photo copy on a bad copy machine. Everything discussed in the manuals apply to every RV ever built so finding useful information on your new coach is hard to come by.

Other than the design flaws I mentioned, I find the coach well designed. They cut out the expense of the glass and brass and instead used the funds to put in thoughtful features any RVer would love.
DennyBevBarnes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, fresh water, georgetown, water