Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2016, 03:32 PM   #1

Girard Tankless Water Heater Stopped Working

I have a 2015 Sandstorm Toy Hauler that has a Girard Tankless Water Heater. The model number is 1GWHM-1.

The water heater has worked fine up until this weekend. It worked Saturday morning but when I wanted hot water in the afternoon it didn't work. I checked the reset button on the white switch and it was fine. I'm not getting any LED code flashes. I can get the water heater to fire by manually moving the sail switch. When I let go of the sail switch the flame goes out. The blower does not come on to allow the sail switch to operate.

I'm guessing it may be the control board but I'm hoping to get some feedback here. I really don't want to bring the trailer in to the dealer as I want to use the trailer. It will sit there for months.

If it is the control board can anyone steer me to a site I can purchase one? I have a model number (DXB-2301-1L6) but have been unable to find a place to purchase.

Thanks for any help.
Bill1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:19 PM   #2

I found a service manual for it. 42 pages long. I'll read it and hopefully figure this out. I'll update this after.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2016, 03:47 PM   #3

Ok, I've figured it out. Since it's the motor that seems to not be coming on, I did a motor test. I disconnected the 2 wires coming from the motor and put 12 volts to them. The motor worked. According to the service manual if the motor works the issue is the control board. I put in a call to Girard today and left a message. They are on eastern time and were closed. Hopefully Mitchell will call me back tomorrow so I can have them send me the part.

Hopefully the new board will last longer than this one.

I'll update when I receive the part and the water heater is working.

Old 04-02-2016, 01:28 PM   #4

Try moving the vane that senses air movement. I have had mine hang. It will cause the motor not to run.
GaryE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryE View Post
Try moving the vane that senses air movement. I have had mine hang. It will cause the motor not to run.

The vane moves freely. The control board is the issue. The new part will be here Thursday.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:18 PM   #6

I received the new control board from Girard today. Installed it and it works like a charm. Girard is a stand up company.

Tags
heater, tank, tankless, water, water heater