Old 07-11-2016, 01:04 PM   #11
I normally put 2 or 3 20 pound bags in it. I also put a couple gallons of water in with it.

Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:54 PM   #12
Every cloud has a Silver lining

Originally Posted by tommybill View Post
Finally after continually complaining about our Galley/Gray/Black tanks filling up way too quickly for the umpteenth time, I decided it was time to confirm my suspicions about tank levels being way off. Simply amazing how far off the gauges are at 1/3 and 2/3. Who would have thought it?
Galley Gray Black Fresh
Empty 0 gal 0 gal 0 gal 0 gal
1/3 1 gal 2 gal 2 gal 3 gal
2/3 8 gal 8 gal 13 gal 14 gal
Full 24 gal 24 gal 30 gal 25 gal
Capacity 30 30 30 38

This is ridiculous. My 8 year old grandson could come closer to knowing where to put a sensor for 1/3 and 2/3. When will the RV industry start building quality into their products??
The good news is you won't be overflowing any of them and THAT would be MUCH worse. Overfilling an lead to burst tanks, broken straps, all of which cost to have repaired.

It could be worse, MUCH worse!

Maurice, LA

2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT Diesel
2001 Cougar 281 EFS (sold)
1973 Layton 23' (sold)
DouglasReid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:20 PM   #13
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
Once a year Usually befor a longer trip, I fill my black tank with ice and a scoop of powdered laundry soap. As the ice melts it sloshes around in the tank and cleans the sensors. It does not make them correct but it dous clean the tank and sensors good.
Yes I do this also. At least they show emty after the ice trick.
From what I've seen at the factory where the Rockwoods are built and V-Lites the tanks are pretty much look flat and no taper that I could see.
Later RJD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150812_100455.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	113747  
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60
Days camped in 2016 so far 51
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:19 PM   #14
Tank sensor

Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
On at least some of the tanks, the issue could be that there is some liquid in the tank after the drain stops draining. You are assuming that when the tank stops draining, there is "0 gal" in the tank. For the FW tank this is many times not the case. Ie. If there is 8 gals in the FW tank when the drain stops, then the readings are very close to correct.
I'm lucky to live in the country and have enough land to dump at home in a pasture. Sitting still tank will "empty". pull forward and hit brakes, a lot sloshes out Can do that many times to get tank empty. There is no way to get empty sitting still.
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #15
flushing and more flushing Question

We just started using our sun seeker this year 3 trips to date, I have only flushed the Black water tank at 2/3 think it was accurate - Each time I used the black water flush ran it for about 2 minutes. then the gauge shows empty - then after that without using the toilet it shows a 1/3 - I flushed again showed empty. Today I went out and ran the black water flush for a few minutes, then stuck the wand in the toilet opened the valve showed empty - then per comments in the forum i put in about 1 gallon so nothing drys out, shoed 1/3 - I now realize the gauges may not be right but how long should you run the black water flush to clean out the tank - just to be safe?
Steveanddianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:14 AM   #16
Black tank
This is a way that tank might read right, it is capisitive. And also

Blue Sea Systems Vessel Systems Monitor VSM 422

Blue Sea Systems

Item # : 242260

NorSnrub is online now   Reply With Quote

black, black tank, tank, grey water